Nasty breakdown coming.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

Great setup. Rising wedge on SPX daily. Market had massive corrective rally. Complacency abounds.

#2 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

Great setup.

Rising wedge on SPX daily. Market had massive corrective rally.

Complacency abounds.

With all due respect, Dont you think 1000 is on table for spx until 1/16/09 opex day then the correction back to levels of 50 day moving avg . That would be a massive corrective rally . Thoughts!!

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

Anything can happen. But withthese levels of complacency and setup, I'd give downside a significantly higher chance.

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Complacency abounds? ABOUNDS? TSP Talk: bulls (32%) to bears (52%) FL/FS 5-day at 51%, well into Buy territory and 1% away from a "Screaming Buy". NDX put buyers abound and equity p/c still at 0.87. There may yet be too much Bullishness, but Bearishness is rising alarmingly quickly. Make sure you're looking at the most current data. I'm cautious and open to weakness here, but I'm under no illusions that there's complacent Bullishness. There's very little and they're as nervous as Madoff's auditor in the presence of the FBI. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

If the reaction to the number this morning is anything like the usual "interest rate announcement" pattern....we should go up...fwiw UP/DOWN/UP...we shall see.. (the first move was up after the number)

Edited by Teaparty, 09 January 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#6 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

teaparty how about the reverse pattern of the previous jobs report

#7 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

910 is an important number for me on the ES, for what it's worth. If it can get above there and hold, we may be in for another attempt at the highs. Right now as I type we're flopping just above and below it. IT

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

I still beleive SPX 850 will be seen in the next 2-3 days. SPX 918-20 is the critical resistance. As long as we trade below that, sitting tight will make more money than flipping around.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#9 GreatWarrior

GreatWarrior

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

If the reaction to the number this morning is anything ..

I know I am late in saying this, but I have reduced my long exposure in various accounts, because the WIND HAS CHANGED.

In Nov/Dec, we have rally ignoring all the bad economic news. This tells you market want to rally regardless. But since start of the new year week, the market seems to respect the bad news, i.e. bad news is bad news. Now, you are expecting the market to continue rally past the coming 1 month of on-slaught bad news?

Anyone realize there a few states unemployment hotlines were crashed this week due to 10-times increment than normal weekly claims? NY, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky .... good luck next week.

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

910 is an important number for me on the ES, for what it's worth. If it can get above there and hold, we may be in for another attempt at the highs. Right now as I type we're flopping just above and below it.

IT

Uh, yes...nice. Died at 910.

I see chop and I don't like my edge on the short side, even as I'm open to and expecting some weakness here.

It's needed.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter