• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

I know very few here trade on fundamentals, but those who do should be advised that EVERY bank is going to be taking every single charge that they can right now. Why? Well, let's leave any government aid stuff aside for now. Look at things from a manager's standpoint. You've got all the cover in the world to take losses now. Nobody will criticize you. If the stock goes down, well, that's a good time to re-negotiate your stock options portion of compensation. Then, next year, you're going to have a very easy time showing good year-over-year comparisons. Now, I'm not the only guy to have figured this out, so expect many of these stocks to report "bad" earnings, and yet rally. Just know what it means and don't take the "bad news" at face value. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

the thing to watch about the banks (and listen carefully) is geithner's testimony TODAY at his secretary of treasury nomination hearing. you will hear a lot of talk/radio hype and also honest concern about his tax cheating. but he WILL be treasury secretary. listen to what he says about the administration's bank repair plans. this will be the first window into what i believe will be a massive, immediate and effective fix.

Edited by humble1, 21 January 2009 - 09:00 AM.

#3 TMN

TMN

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

discount the expected earnings and tell me what's a fair px... all banks are bankrupt! this is a fact!

#4 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

all banks are bankrupt! this is a fact!

you're funny.

#5 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

the correct way - http://market-ticker...ing-Crisis.html

never happen thus the outcome - the Celente scenario as posted elsewhere here...note his comments in the recording, that if there was a political will to change, we would not see the same criminals who got us into this mess being appointed to get us out of it.
best,
klh

#6 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

you're funny.

I don t find anything funny about it.

#7 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

d: exactly right solution and easily done with the "bad banks" bernanke has proposed. i won't get into the criminal thingy; i have some pretty good rants on that, too! :)

#8 TMN

TMN

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

you're funny.

explain how they are not if u can! if banking was a good biz we would be having already new names on the list:
The Warren Buffet Banking Corp
Bill Gates Commercial Banking Corp or something along these lines...

are these people stupid and missing out big time?
well, i m thinking they're clever and just not interested in a very very dull biz model...

#9 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

discount the expected earnings and tell me what's a fair px...

And, if they are, then you are bankrupt too....and so are the rest of us. Nothing to lean on but what we own free and clear, and that will be worth pennies.....repeat...pennies....compared to what it was worth even at already deflated values. The cash you think you have....gone. So what good is it doing for the mega bears to hammer these points and pressure the financials. If they are right....we are all broke! Enjoy your misery.

#10 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

Banks ? We dont need no stinkin' banks ! Just badges. (cheech)
OTIS.