here's a feelgood post.....

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

dogs need their teeth cleaned professionally just like people ..........

ed rader

My bath water is quite clean since I use the tub only for soaking in hot water for a
few minutes after a strenuous round of golf. There is no soap or shampoo in water.

Professional cleaning not necessary if you brush their teeth every week. Dogs
have amazingly good saliva, it is actually a good anti-septic and plaque has not built up
at all in my 4 year old dog.

Once in a while I will scrape her teeth with the same tool dentists use to
scrape ours. But like I said this dog never has any plaque to be scraped off.

For my last dog, by the time I learned about teeth cleaning, she was already
11 or 12 years old and had plaque build up. The plaque causes gum disease
and those toxins then can affect the kidneys.

my wife says if you aren't cleaning their teeth six days a week you are wasting your time....and maybe the dog's teeth. she recommends professional cleaning. but what does she know .... she only has about ten years experience in veterinary hospitals.

now i know what you are going to say next .... let me just say you could do a deep cleaning on your own teeth too but it's not really the same thing as having it done professionally B) .

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#12 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Borish question I know. But how exactly do you post a picture like that?

#13 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Ed, maybe someone here will take a liking to the dogs. We're booked up. My wife fosters cats and we already have 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 birds and 1 hermit crab, all permanent members of the family. One of our dogs is old as dirt but she's real pushy. The other dog, some call him my fourth child, was bailed out of the pound too. He has quite the fan club wherever I take him. He's a big Flatcoat Retriever. If there's anything else in him you can't tell. He has more personality than any person I have ever met. And quick like a rabbit. Animals can be such a blessing. One of my favorite lines is, 'no man is good enough to be a dog' :lol:

#14 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

i love dogs. adopted a golden retriever six months ago -- coppertone (she was a rescue from Guatemala and originally spoke Spanish only). dogs are very loyal and emotionally honest creatures. good role models for people. i hope your new friends find a good family, Ed.

Edited by beta, 25 January 2009 - 09:01 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#15 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

Thanks! And she is very well behaved. She greets you when you come home
with so much excitement like you been gone for a year, even though it was
only 30 minutes.

As for attention, after that first greeting, she becomes invisible. Never needs
attention. When she gets hungry, she will try to paw me. When she needs to go potty,
she will get my attention by a distinct grunt. The only bad habit she has is when
non-family members show up she acts aggressive by barking and even tugging at
their clothes. After a few minutes she will then ignore them. The best thing I like is
she barks her head off when she hears a car in the drive way or when the door bell rings.
That is a great burglary preventer.

Dogs rule. I lost Daisy Little Dog last October - a Maltese - who always had bad teeth - what I saved on food I spent on doggie dentist twice a year (about $500 each treatment). I now have a shelter dog - Tucker Little Dog - a Maltese Yorkie mix that I got the day after Daisy died. Like Daisy - I come to the door he does a happy dance, spins, licks my hand - MEN SHOULD LEARN THIS BEHAVIOR.

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

My I always strive to be the person my dog thinks I am. ;)

#17 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

i love dogs.

adopted a golden retriever six months ago -- coppertone (she was a rescue from Guatemala and originally spoke Spanish only).

dogs are very loyal and emotionally honest creatures. good role models for people.

i hope your new friends find a good family, Ed.

they will Beta. i am committed to it. little dogs are en vogue now but more animals are being abandoned now because of financial hardship. we've been doing animal rescues for years.

our dog is a rescue and we have five cats that were all orphaned that my wife hand raised.

in fact we rescued a dog in kauai and boy was i stressing. we finally took the dog, a big beautiful black chow mix that was just walking down the road with sore feet to, the Lihue PD.

at first we got a chilly response but the dog was so loveable that by the time we left the officers were fighting over who would take her home :lol:

ed radre

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#18 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

I've also been wanting to know that for years. If I knew how, I'd post a pic of my trading assistant, {cocker spaniel} Maile. Every time I've asked though, the explanation I get is like trying to understand Greek to a layman such as me......
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#19 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

heres my guy, Jasper...just a year old. A ball of fun.

#20 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I've also been wanting to know that for years. If I knew how, I'd post a pic of my trading assistant, {cocker spaniel} Maile. Every time I've asked though, the explanation I get is like trying to understand Greek to a layman such as me......

At least you got an explanation.