here's a feelgood post.....

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

Borish question I know. But how exactly do you post a picture like that?

I've also been wanting to know that for years. If I knew how, I'd post a pic of my trading assistant, {cocker spaniel} Maile. Every time I've asked though, the explanation I get is like trying to understand Greek to a layman such as me......

At least you got an explanation.

Well Z, heres an explanation...Hope it makes sense....IYB, Hope you can use this too... :) Let me know if you have any Qs...I will surely help!

how.jpg

#22 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

Borish question I know. But how exactly do you post a picture like that?

I've also been wanting to know that for years. If I knew how, I'd post a pic of my trading assistant, {cocker spaniel} Maile. Every time I've asked though, the explanation I get is like trying to understand Greek to a layman such as me......

At least you got an explanation.

Well Z, heres an explanation...Hope it makes sense....IYB, Hope you can use this too... :) Let me know if you have any Qs...I will surely help!

how.jpg

Thanks M, I'll give it a go.

#23 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

There is a 512k size limit. My pics are bigger than that.

#24 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hmmphhh... :)

Well...what you can do here is...open paint in windows..open your pic in paint...and then try 'save as' under file to save it as png....usually u can get size lower like this...

If its still not working out..then in paint itself...go to 'image' then resize/skew(ctrl+w) and then reduce then size from the 100% vertical and horizontal to something like 60%, 60%...and then see...It should work...

If still not satisfactory..there are other s/w s you can use..example try http://www.resizr.com/

I really hope this helps :)

Best,
Princely

#25 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

if you host your pictures there is no size limit. there are free hosting services like flickr and photo bucket. i use zenfolio and foto time. foto time costs me about $24 a year. zenfolio costs about the same for it's minimum service.

Posted Image

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#26 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

I come to the door he does a happy dance, spins, licks my hand - MEN SHOULD LEARN THIS BEHAVIOR.

Now why can't my wife do the same thing when I come home? (dance, spin and lick my hands) :o

The funny thing is dogs don't have a good concept of time...so whether you return
after 1 hour, 1 day, 1week or 1 month, the welcome greeting is just as enthusiastic.
Amazing creatures these dogs....that cave man was pretty smart to begin domesticating
wild wolves and by selective breeding evolved the domesticated dog species. Whoever
does not believe in evolution has not keenly observed the huge variety of dogs of today
bred in a geologically short span of 12,000 to 15,000 years. Dogs have evolved and adapted.

Edited by pdx5, 26 January 2009 - 12:07 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#27 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

here's an attempt but i think the pic is gonna come accross too small.

Posted Image

#28 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

think i got it.

Posted Image

Edited by zigzag, 26 January 2009 - 12:19 AM.

#29 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

my wife says if you aren't cleaning their teeth six days a week you are wasting your time....and maybe the dog's teeth. she recommends professional cleaning. but what does she know .... she only has about ten years experience in veterinary hospitals.

ed rader

Ed, as an mechanical engineer with 37 years experience if there is one thing I learned more than anything else
is believe ACTUAL RESULTS more than any theory or advice.

After 4 years of taking care of my dog's teeth myself, there is not even a hint of plaque or tooth
decay or gum irritation in her mouth. I respect your wife's opinion, but I will bow to actual results.
May be her diet has helped. (Purina Natural Blends dry food and Milk Bone dog biscuits)
We give her no human food whatsoever, which tends to cause problems with teeth.

And incidentally in my late 60's I have all my original teeth :lol: And I have never tried the dog food :lol: :lol:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#30 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

Great Z... :) Now IYB... :P