• 5,959 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

tuffy: IBD is still long? any sign of a change? tia

#12 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

With the news so bad why are the bears having such a hard time taking Dow Industrials 8000 out? Time after time in the last 3 months they hit it and crash. The line at 8000 must be covered with dead bears. For the market to crater as so many here expect 8000 must first fall. Yet it is still standing after taking numerious brutal beatings. I have no idea what the stock market will do tomorow or any other day, but I would not want to bet much that the bears will take Dow 8000 out any time soon. As they used to say about a tough batter when I was playing high school and college baseball in the mid to late 1950's the Dow Industrials 8000 line is one tough out.

Charles

For a guy that didn't see this coming and lost money last year, you sound pretty confident you are reading the market correctly.

In fact, I see a lot of confident bulls strutting around. Perhaps the bulls are right, perhaps they are not. But I would wait to be confident until there's actually price gains instead of price scraping 1 support above the last low.

Maybe after SPX is over 950 you can come back and crow about the bears being wrong.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#13 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

humble---IBD still on a buy, but came very close to an exit yesterday. I made my post above before I saw yours. See my comment there. dcengr---Also see my post above. Also posted before I saw yours. As I said there I am not a bull or bear. I don't have the slightest idea what the market will do tomorrow, next week or next month. And don't think anyone else does either. And if I did that fact would not have the slightest effect on what the market does. Charles

#14 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

thank you, tuffy: i am one of those who appreciate your posts/updates here. it is interesting to track the widely watched IBD system.

#15 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

humble---IBD still on a buy, but came very close to an exit yesterday. I made my post above before I saw yours. See my comment there.

dcengr---Also see my post above. Also posted before I saw yours. As I said there I am not a bull or bear. I don't have the slightest idea what the market will do tomorrow, next week or next month. And don't think anyone else does either. And if I did that fact would not have the slightest effect on what the market does.

Charles

I cannot tell you what will happen. I can only tell you what has happened majority of bottoms before any major rally takes place.

And that is fear. The kind of fear that will make your little bull heart scream in terror of even pushing the buy button. The kind that makes bears buy puts like they were lotto tickets with a billion dollar prize at the end of it. The kind of fear where you wouldn't even dare taunt a bear because they've been right for a year and erased the entire 4 years worth of gains in months.

Do I smell fear? No.

I cannot tell you if we will rally from here or cut through 8000 like hot knife through butter. I can only tell you that I will likely buy when the majority are running for the hills. I may miss the rally because obama hope and bail out hope may indeed be true. That's fine with me.

#16 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

The bears won't take it out....only selling by bulls can do that. So the question is: when will the bulls start selling again?

what bulls..........the bulls ...what few of them are around.....are in complete control...... :D

#17 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

>Do I smell fear? No. <.......ur rite......nobody fears missing a melt up........lololol....it just aint gonna happen.......i cant...because everybody is convinced it wont......thats what bottoms are made of........

#18 hare_bear

hare_bear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

With the news so bad why are the bears having such a hard time taking Dow Industrials 8000 out? Time after time in the last 3 months they hit it and crash. The line at 8000 must be covered with dead bears. For the market to crater as so many here expect 8000 must first fall. Yet it is still standing after taking numerious brutal beatings. I have no idea what the stock market will do tomorow or any other day, but I would not want to bet much that the bears will take Dow 8000 out any time soon. As they used to say about a tough batter when I was playing high school and college baseball in the mid to late 1950's the Dow Industrials 8000 line is one tough out.

Charles

For a guy that didn't see this coming and lost money last year, you sound pretty confident you are reading the market correctly.

In fact, I see a lot of confident bulls strutting around. Perhaps the bulls are right, perhaps they are not. But I would wait to be confident until there's actually price gains instead of price scraping 1 support above the last low.

Maybe after SPX is over 950 you can come back and crow about the bears being wrong.

CONFIDENT BULLS RUNNING AROUND?

Todays posts include:

"the nenner cycle" - & 26 replies as to why the bull is a lunatic and cant be trusted
"the HOPE bubble" - with 33 replies as to why the bears will continue to rule
"ETF Deathwatch"
"trying again shortie"
"rally without banks" - 12 replies as to why its impossible
"disney" mickey,minnie, & donald decapitated AH's
"DOW Indu 8000" - 7 colorful responses as to why it wont & cant last

add

"everyone ready for -8% drop thursday friday"
and
of course this post...now attacking the posters 'market reading ability'.

not to mention market guru Atillas FRIGHTENING post,

headling : "The second wave of crash is well underway"
including these scary snippets -
"I call it terminal move", ,"BAC will crater below $5 on gigantic volume tomorrow. , "Also time has come for a 4-sigma move" & finally " the coming blood bath"

:lol:

Edited by hare_bear, 03 February 2009 - 09:50 PM.

#19 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

I just want to respond a little bit even though its a complete waste of my time. There are those that actually make $ in the markets. The kind that don't have to whore themselves out to subscribers because they actually know how to trade. Atilla is one of them and have made tons and doesn't freeze his {bleeeep} off in some gosh aweful mid western state with the cows. Please, unless you got the $ and record to back up your performance, stop attacking someone who does.

#20 CHAx

CHAx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

CONFIDENT BULLS RUNNING AROUND?

Todays posts include:

"the nenner cycle" - & 26 replies as to why the bull is a lunatic and cant be trusted
"the HOPE bubble" - with 33 replies as to why the bears will continue to rule
"ETF Deathwatch"
"trying again shortie"
"rally without banks" - 12 replies as to why its impossible
"disney" mickey,minnie, & donald decapitated AH's
"DOW Indu 8000" - 7 colorful responses as to why it wont & cant last

"everyone ready for -8% drop thursday friday"
and
of course this post...now attacking the posters 'market reading ability'.

not to mention market guru Atillas FRIGHTENING post,

headling : "The second wave of crash is well underway"
including these scary snippets -
"I call it terminal move", ,"BAC will crater below $5 on gigantic volume tomorrow. , "Also time has come for a 4-sigma move" & finally " the coming blood bath"

:lol:

I wonder who is going to lose their heads this time? :giljotiini: