Photo

Let Wall Street Pay for Wall Street's Bailout Act of 2009 (Introduced in House)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Alton

Alton

• TT Member+
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

...I still think the tax is coming. It will all be done in the name of change.....

Robo,

Thanks for your reply. I feel we are have a similar understanding about the impact of the proposed tax, but I don't think we should roll over for it..... In "the name of change" they can do something else.

Here's a link to an online petition which will add your name to the nearly 12,000 (as of this moment) people who disagree with the HR 1068 tax and have already signed.
This link was posted in the Scottrade community boards a few days ago by "usanzac." It adds your name to the petition, (allowing you to choose not to display your name online) then sends e-mails to your congressmen based on your zip code. Although the petition has a broader view of the issues than those which are of most concern to me, it is a good general statement of problems with HR 1068, and offers a place for you to include your comments.

Online Petition to Defeat HR 1068

............................................ :vote:
Just because you "think the tax is coming" is not a reason to do nothing. Fatalism and complacency are not options. I urge you to follow the link. Do it right now. Sign the petition. Vote!

Alton 2-22-09

PS – if they have to impose a tax, there's another solution that does not pose as much danger to market structure. It's the "something else" I mentioned in the opening paragraph here. No time to talk about it now, but I'll try to post something when time and opportunity allow.

Edited by Alton, 22 February 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#22 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

...I still think the tax is coming. It will all be done in the name of change.....

Robo,

Thanks for your reply. I feel we are have a similar understanding about the impact of the proposed tax, but I don't think we should roll over for it..... In "the name of change" they can do something else.

Here's a link to an online petition which will add your name to the nearly 12,000 (as of this moment) people who disagree with the HR 1068 tax and have already signed. This link was posted in the Scottrade community boards a few days ago by "usanzac." It adds your name to the petition, (allowing you to choose not to display your name online) then sends e-mails to your congressmen based on your zip code. Although the petition has a broader view of the issues than those which are of most concern to me, it is a good general statement of problems with HR 1068, and offers a place for you to include your comments.

Online Petition to Defeat HR 1068

............................................ :vote:
Just because you "think the tax is coming" is not a reason to do nothing. Fatalism and complacency are not options. I urge you to follow the link. Do it right now. Sign the petition. Vote!

Alton 2-22-09

PS – if they have to impose a tax, there's another solution that does not pose as much danger to market structure. It's the "something else" I mentioned in the opening paragraph here. No time to talk about it now, but I'll try to post something when time and opportunity allow.

Done deal! ;) Sun., Feb. 22, 2009 2:48 PM link Robin B. | El Paso, TX

Edited by robo, 22 February 2009 - 04:02 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#23 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Blood sucking @#$%^&*( bags .... Isn't it enough that they already tax gains made on a trade, if you are so lucky to have one? Now they want to tax losses as well!! Time for a tax payer revolt TM

Edited by TradeMark, 22 February 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#24 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:04 AM

Time for a tax payer revolt

Let's cross the fingers for an exemption for the little guys, after all, the sharks and the whales feed on the plankton...

#25 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

It is not Wall Street that will pay, it is Main Streeet, as there will be a direct impact on the returns from retirement, etc., funds. Those who benefited from creating the mess are the ones who should throw down on the problem. Fat chance of that. If they want Wall Street to pay, they should first stop Tarping the bastages so they can pay themselves bonuses.

#26 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

Zen asked me to post this:

There is a organization being formed called "The American Coalition of Individual Investors" to give a voice to the group of individuals who supplement their income and small business owners who make their livings (and employ others) by investing in stocks, options and other financial instruments, so that we can all better mobilize against this dire threat.

The blog is located at the link below and contains updates on the status of the "Trader Tax" in Congress as well as updates on formation of the Investors Coalition:

http://investorscoal...n.blogspot.com/

Also traders/investors interested in joining the mailing list for The American Coalition of Individual Investors can do so by sending a message to:

no2tradertax@gmail.com

Lastly, the following web page is the best compilation of resource links regarding the "Trader Tax" that I have found on the net

http://www.dacharts....saction-tax.htm

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#27 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

Mark

Thanks for the info. Please be advised there is a security problem with the below link: :o

See: http://www.siteadvis...;os_ver=6.0.1.0

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#28 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

Mark

Thanks for the info. Please be advised there is a security problem with the below link: :o

See: http://www.siteadvis...;os_ver=6.0.1.0

Best to you.

Ensign Software is a provider of pretty good charting software. I should know...I use it. :lol: McAfee has it wrong when they say "which we found to be a distributor of downloads some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs." Complete BS. Glad I got rid of them and Norton.

IT

Edited by IndexTrader, 25 February 2009 - 02:00 PM.

#29 Frankie

Frankie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

>>>This Act may be cited as the `Let Wall Street Pay for Wall Street's Bailout Act of 2009'.<<<
Someone want to explain to me why I (and you) am (are) being asked to pay for TARP? Nobody bailed me out? I haven't seen a dime of TARP funds. Have you???

The language is misleading. Should say: "Let the little guy pay for Wall Street's Bailout". This really pis### me off.