Seven Sentinels Buy Signal

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

No big surprise there, of course. I expect to be addin' long positions and if so will post them in real time, along with stops, below, fwiw. But first things first. Time to go study Decision Point ;) .
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Good luck Don. Hope you are right, at least for a big bear market rally. I will be coming on board if we get confirmation of today's move. Friday or later. Charles

#3 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hey Don, It's very possible this signal could change within a few days or couple of weeks, no? What's the shortest amount of time a signal has ever lasted, to your recollection? Thanks
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#4 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hey Don,

It's very possible this signal could change within a few days or couple of weeks, no? What's the shortest amount of time a signal has ever lasted, to your recollection?

Thanks

No way to give a meaningful answer since I changed (much tougher standards) the "set up" rules recently....D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#5 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Good work IYB. Let's see if we get the necessary followthrough. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#6 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

three good players and systems like what they see: thanks, i needed that! :)

#7 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

No big surprise there, of course. I expect to be addin' long positions and if so will post them in real time, along with stops, below, fwiw. But first things first. Time to go study Decision Point ;) .

Hope it doesnt turn out like late January.......

#8 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

For 3-11-09, entered orders to buy: (more QLD) @ 21.75, stop 20.25 (on earlier buy and this buy, both.) DDM @ 19.15, stop 18.15 TNA @ 11.70, stop 10.20 These are position trades for the IT, though I may trade a portion of my ultimate position from time to time, but holding a core position until stopped or SSSS, whichever comes first.

Edited by IYB, 10 March 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#9 dws

dws

• Traders-Talk User
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

For 3-11-09, entered orders to buy:

(more QLD) @ 21.75, stop 20.25 (on earlier buy and this buy, both.)
DDM @ 19.15, stop 18.15
TNA @ 11.70, stop 10.20

These are position trades for the IT, though I may trade a portion of my ultimate position from time to time, but holding a core position until stopped or SSSS, whichever comes first.

Did you mean 16.11 for SSO?

#10 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

Did you mean 16.11 for SSO?

Yes- thanks. I'll go "fix" it. Been studying too many charts today... :wacko: