Anyone awake? at the most importante

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

Please refer to Bluestar comments on the Fearless Forecasters section. I remain short the SPX and the gold sector and my indicators at end of day Today on the SPX are rolling over with lots of negative divergences. It is going down. GDX has not rolled over yet but there are negative divergences already. To me it is either a huge drop as Bluestar has indicated or a correction of a new impulse wave up. I am on Blue 's side on this one.... I am just no t so sure it will happen that fast as he indicates (by next Monday). If it only corrects down without hitting new lows I will be the first one to jump to the long side, this decision is a few days away. As far as GDX, the Fed announcement did cause a huge spike, but the wave pattern is inconsistent, IT NEEDS A DROP DOWN AS BLUE INDICATES, but maybe this time is different as unordinary conditions are in place. Personally I feel Bernanke and Da boyz will not let gold get out of the near perimeter it is trading at (700 to 1000). If anything they are probably just sucking in more gold bugs until they truly give up and Gold remains under control, they have the ammunition, the gold market is still relatively small vis avis the Trillions slushing out there. Gold will remain in check until inflation kicks in or the dollar craters totally. That's still a few months away still. Goldswinger.

#22 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

Thats why I don't believe in stops. I also would hate to play poker if I was the only one showing my hand.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

Thats why I don't believe in stops. I also would hate to play poker if I was the only one showing my hand.

i am there as well!
i will remain steadfastly bullish until well into the parabolic!
my #s are lower than yours 5-6k
dharma

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

i am there as well!
i will remain steadfastly bullish until well into the parabolic!
my #s are lower than yours 5-6k
dharma

Beautiful trading in miners and metals. Could that GRANDE Hulbert sentiment shift have been any more classic amigo? Got Gold? Those so called "timers" are muy stupido, but we do need them.

BSing away

Senor

#25 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

HOw could they miss it with the FED telling us what to do. If they print pesos of course we shall have to have inflation for awhile anyway. Great for gold

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

HOw could they miss it with the FED telling us what to do. If they print pesos of course we shall have to have inflation for awhile anyway. Great for gold

STAGFLATion!

yes, thanks for that post yesterday senor. i was out there buying when it looked like a collalpse was imminent. that hulbert article made me realize why i was alone w/you buying. not such a bad thing eh!?
dharma

#27 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

what really is stagflation anyway?????

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

what really is stagflation anyway?????

stuff inflates while the economy stagnates. no wage increases. the 70s are the model
dharma

#29 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

I remember that now. Cannot imagine how the economy could recover now that all the baby boomers have overconsumed their way into this problem. Who is left?

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

I remember that now. Cannot imagine how the economy could recover now that all the baby boomers have overconsumed their way into this problem. Who is left?

unfortunately the price of stuff takes care of all of folks capital. it is an ugly state of affairs and @its extreme leads to horrible political consequences. why governments go this route is beyond me. dharma