Hourly Oscillator

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks guys. Trying various permutations....
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#12 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Cumulative does not work on Stockcharts' intraday charts. One of those things they fail to tell you. Always thoroughly check your charts to see if they're working correctly... you may not be looking at what you think.

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

heres an observation...........years ago the boyz decided to throw a glitch into momentum traders by screwing with their hourly prograns by adding 30 minites to the trading day.........it took no effort to discover that they employ a 65 minit hour.......to prove it to yourself......if you use streaming charts of the dow that can be one minit charts......i use DTN....DTN to me is the premier service........watch the dow and what happens into and out of the end of each 65 minit bar.........on the one minit streaming charts 1035 1140 1245 150 255 and the close..........i use a dow 12 hour rsi based on the 65 minit hour against its half spam ma.......i also use a 5 and 12 day rsi against its half span ma.......and a 5 and 12 wk rsi ditto.......i also have another propietary momemtum oscilator developed by a computer giant over30 years ago which i can see still is valid........also it should not be lost on most that a lot of the days action is accomplished in the overnite session.....with the product producing an opening gambit........then nothing but chop till the last 30 minits...........best trades tend to occur at the close.. till 1am...between 1130 and noon.......1215 and 1245.......230 and 3......and 340 to the close............turns alot of times occur at 1035 am est.....1140 am est....1245 150 and 255

Edited by da_cheif, 22 March 2009 - 07:53 PM.

#14 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

Sounds like you guys are trying to define the word MINUTIA. LOL :lol: :D
If it can be cornered, it will.

#15 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

OGM uses an hourly MCO. My understanding is that the gets it from Tradestation. Maybe he will respond to your post.

IT

Thanks IT. That's precisely what I'm looking for. I even tried for months to construct it myself on another platform. OGM?

Don, what about intraday cumulative TICK l have been following the one at sentimenttrader.com works pretty well with Boll Bands

CW

That's the kind of thing I've been expirimenting with, Woody. Can that be set up on StockCharts? I need a continuous readout- and then need to run other derivatives of it, like MA's.....Thanks, D

If your using stockcharts you will probably have more control with MACD which can be made to dup the MCO.

#16 slick

slick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

.......i also have another propietary momemtum oscilator developed by a computer giant over 30 years ago which i can see still is valid........

"Mo says go, Joe says no"

now who said that?

#17 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

OGM uses an hourly MCO. My understanding is that the gets it from Tradestation. Maybe he will respond to your post.

IT

Thanks IT. That's precisely what I'm looking for. I even tried for months to construct it myself on another platform. OGM?

Don, what about intraday cumulative TICK l have been following the one at sentimenttrader.com works pretty well with Boll Bands

CW

That's the kind of thing I've been expirimenting with, Woody. Can that be set up on StockCharts? I need a continuous readout- and then need to run other derivatives of it, like MA's.....Thanks, D

If your using stockcharts you will probably have more control with MACD which can be made to dup the MCO.

How so? MACD of which index? D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#18 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

IT

CW

How so? MACD of which index? D

It would be (19,39,6) MACD of NAAD or NYAD would be the MCO w/ 6 mover of the nasdaq and nyse respectively. But sorry to get your hopes up. Stockcharts doesn't provide intraday data for NAAD or NYAD (net breadth). Sorry..... :blush:

#19 slick

slick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Momentum indicators are great if they work, but in reality, "momentum" is a phony concept for the stock market. It is defined as the product of mass and velocity, and although there is velocity and there is acceleration in the market, there is no mass.

#20 TheArchitect

TheArchitect

• TT Member+
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

It would be (19,39,6) MACD of NAAD or NYAD would be the MCO w/ 6 mover of the nasdaq and nyse respectively. But sorry to get your hopes up. Stockcharts doesn't provide intraday data for NAAD or NYAD (net breadth). Sorry..... :blush:

stockcharts provides intraday TICK data... you can use a 19,39,6 MACD on the 60 min TICK.