• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

:) O K folks you ask for a trial on stocks to talk about, so here is a selection. "silentone" has a good thread on oil stuff so I leave that to him. Comment as you see fit. [attachment=10466:ccj40209.png] [attachment=10467:dxo40209.png] [attachment=10468:ge40209.png] [attachment=10469:ko40209.png] [attachment=10470:aem40209.png] I am long CCJ, DXO, KO, GE and others not posted. Comments welcome, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

mss, thanks for posting some charts. I see that the charts aren't "live" and am wondering why that is. I post Stockcharts charts and they turn up "live." Are you purposely posting static charts for some reason? Just curious, although it makes it harder to comment hours after they were posted without running them through my system. Since it's pretty late in the day, now, I wouldn't take on any positions with the intent of going long until after the friday employment numbers are released (I'm speaking in general terms, I know you're already positioned in some of these). CCJ just closed the gap from this morning and any retreat to that trendline would be good and better would be establishing a new t/l off yesterday's low.

I see you're using rsi 7. I've started to switch from rsi 10 to 7 as well, based on the work of Bill Cara at http://caracommunity.com Bill looks at rsi 7 in daily, wkly, and monthly and keeps a list of 100 stocks a chart of all with all rsi values entered. It's interesting. I also see you have a complex macd setup and wonder if you could explain what you've got going on there. Thanks.

-MK

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

My thinking was that if one appealed to one of us, we would start a new "live" thread and talk/post about it till we got tired. You will notice that almost every chart I post on this board is live. Good to see you posting, how much delay did you have? mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

My thinking was that if one appealed to one of us, we would start a new "live" thread and talk/post about it till we got tired. You will notice that almost every chart I post on this board is live. Good to see you posting, how much delay did you have? mss MACD, I use is the ratio between the two moving averages as : 3&5, or 5&21 or &34 it plots the distance between the two ema's and with of those ratios on the same ")" line I get a good feel of trends and speed of the trends.

#5 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

mss, not sure what delay you're referring to. My posting late in the day, yesterday, is only due to certain (mortality...) issue circling around our family. It will take a little while to get a feel for the SW forum but it looks promising. OK, now I remember. My first post didn't show up right away so I figured it had to go through "channels." This present post, now edited, popped up immediately. Good. MK

Edited by Mike, 03 April 2009 - 11:24 AM.