Wedge Fest 09!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

MF you should understand this board is overwhelming with talent and the average age is generally high, my just above 40 years make me a young one here! If the picture of your avatar is about you that can be defined as a "boy"...
Nonetheless everybody here is very openmind and your analisys is very welcome!
:)

I concur. Don't let the keyboard-challenged set run you off. I may not post much but I enjoy reading people's ideas including yours. I'm new at trading and frankly its intimidating posting your thoughts, I give you credit. Some people here are succinct and to the point, esp posting trades - which is great...others are succinct because they're probably trader-savants w/ zero communication skills. The perma bulls are touchy after the utter [bleeep] beating that was administered between Sept-Nov last year. Psyches are fragile...da chief is ok, you just have to realize where he's coming from and have a bit of thick skin. I like reading his eternal optimism - he'd be long even as the earth was crossing the event horizon while being sucked into an enormous rotating black hole. ;)

>he'd be long even as the earth was crossing the event horizon while being sucked into an enormous rotating black hole<.......OH?????....and ur another one what knows ******** about me...... :P

#22 shanabe

shanabe

• Traders-Talk User
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

MF you should understand this board is overwhelming with talent and the average age is generally high, my just above 40 years make me a young one here! If the picture of your avatar is about you that can be defined as a "boy"...
Nonetheless everybody here is very openmind and your analisys is very welcome!
:)

I concur. Don't let the keyboard-challenged set run you off. I may not post much but I enjoy reading people's ideas including yours. I'm new at trading and frankly its intimidating posting your thoughts, I give you credit. Some people here are succinct and to the point, esp posting trades - which is great...others are succinct because they're probably trader-savants w/ zero communication skills. The perma bulls are touchy after the utter [bleeep] beating that was administered between Sept-Nov last year. Psyches are fragile...da chief is ok, you just have to realize where he's coming from and have a bit of thick skin. I like reading his eternal optimism - he'd be long even as the earth was crossing the event horizon while being sucked into an enormous rotating black hole. ;)

>he'd be long even as the earth was crossing the event horizon while being sucked into an enormous rotating black hole<.......OH?????....and ur another one what knows ******** about me...... :P

just my observation based on your posts....remain calm, all is well...
In Ponzi We Trust

#23 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

Don't mind chief, he's always like that Welcome to the board MF! I've been enjoying your posts and hope you keep posting You're not the youngest on this board, either, so don't be thinking like no one here can relate to you
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#24 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

MF - dont mind da chief. see what happens to old farts is they get all pissy in their old age and far too smug to share their wisdom or so called knowledge with just anyone. Its pretty sad he has to put you down. But dont worry. he pretty much does it to just about everyone he feels doesn't measure up to his age. Your IQ is probably higher than his, but he is going to flaunt his age at you like he has more wisdom than anyone here. It makes him feel superior. Thats why he has the avatar he does. He's just jealous of young doods like you, who are making so much money. Post your charts if you feel like it and just simply ignore Don and dont reply to his posts. he's always posting vague ********,, and even his referrals to his other board are vague too. again, just ignore it. for all of his so called wisdom and experience, the one thing he hasn't learned is how to get along with people. this board is evidently his only "friend." Cheers !
OTIS.

#25 totterdell91

totterdell91

• Traders-Talk User
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

MF, I think you have demonstrated more talent in a week than I would have believed for someone less than half my age. If the last 2 years were your first trading full time, just surviving the volatility is a testament to your TA aptitude, and I presume ur trading skill. Enjoy the software, and if you find anything else interesting like that, please post it. You have learned more about that software in a few hours than I have since I got it. good job MTGP

#26 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

>He's just jealous of young doods like you,<.........ur absolutely correct........sigh........gotta use the pill now.......dam......LOL....he reminds me so much of me when i was a young stock broker nearly 40 years ago.......the stock market looked like ******** all the time..........all the while the old experienced farts were laffing der azzez off at me.............im just taking my turn before i join em in the hereafter........SNORT

#27 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

MF - dont mind da chief. see what happens to old farts is they get all pissy in their old age and far too smug to share their wisdom or so called knowledge with just anyone. Its pretty sad he has to put you down.

But dont worry. he pretty much does it to just about everyone he feels doesn't measure up to his age. Your IQ is probably higher than his, but he is going to flaunt his age at you like he has more wisdom than anyone here.

It makes him feel superior. Thats why he has the avatar he does. He's just jealous of young doods like you, who are making so much money.

Post your charts if you feel like it and just simply ignore Don and dont reply to his posts. he's always posting vague ********,, and even his referrals to his other board are vague too. again, just ignore it. for all of his so called wisdom and experience, the one thing he hasn't learned is how to get along with people. this board is evidently his only "friend."

Cheers !

>to put you down.<.......... :lol: ......not hardly.......just trying to lift him up......trying to get him to think allong with all the rest........it took me years to get granville off his bear life.....

#28 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

>He's just jealous of young doods like you,<.........ur absolutely correct........sigh........gotta use the pill now.......dam......LOL....he reminds me so much of me when i was a young stock broker nearly 40 years ago.......the stock market looked like ******** all the time..........all the while the old experienced farts were laffing der azzez off at me.............im just taking my turn before i join em in the hereafter........SNORT

See MF

Don't mind Chief (Don) like I said

He's got his reasons, even if we may not understand or accept them all the time
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#29 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

MF,

I think you have demonstrated more talent in a week than I would have believed for someone less than half my age. If the last 2 years were your first trading full time, just surviving the volatility is a testament to your TA aptitude, and I presume ur trading skill.

Enjoy the software, and if you find anything else interesting like that, please post it. You have learned more about that software in a few hours than I have since I got it.

good job

MTGP

oh u poor soul ........oh well...... :D

#30 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

MF, Please keep posting and welcome to the board. What you need to know about da_cheif (sic) - Don Wolanchuk - is that he has been a top timer's digest winner in the past so he has an attitude. da_cheif is a very good bottom picker, however he was looking for Dow 20K before the market collapsed so nobody is perfect in this biz and that includes me.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/