Wedge Fest 09!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 MoneyFriend

MoneyFriend

• Traders-Talk User
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

Alright alright, I will just get this over with. First off, thanks OexChaos for painting a clearer picture for me about the dynamics of this board. I've been reading FF daily for at least a year and did not want to leave so soon after finally working around registering with a gmail address 3 weeks back. I'm accepting chief's vicarious apology from the behalf of other members here who seem to convey the same thing: 'da cheif' is a nice guy that pokes fun at people but means well, don't take his dry/cynic 'humor' seriously. I wish Mr. Chief would apologize but whateves, I can get by. He at least had the decency to edit the original post. I only have this to ask, chief please wait for me to get more acquainted here before you start joshing me, I don't take well to it, + it discourages other new members, some might have great thoughts to share. If you were a good friend I had known for years I would not have asked for an apology after being insulted whether it were joking or serious, but when it is from a stranger it just ticks me off. As long as you in your own passive way are 'ok' with me, I'll just leave it at that unless you Mr. Chief have something contrary to tell me.... I'm starting the original thread over somewhere else, even if it doesn't merit any more responses, I just don't like seeing my work all hijacked like this. Didn't mean to perpetuate things, just thought chief might apologize and get it over with sooner, but the other members of FF have spoken and I'll leave it at that. Thanks all for the welcomes and also for contributing all the great FF work.

#32 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

so....MF......whats ur favorite books on the subject of the stock market

Edited by da_cheif, 26 April 2009 - 08:14 PM.

#33 MoneyFriend

MoneyFriend

• Traders-Talk User
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

The ones that stand out to me off the top of my head are:

Markets in Profile - Dalton
Float Analysis - Woods
Profit Magic Of Stock Transaction Timing - Hurst
High Probability Trading Strategies - Miner (liked parts of this, other parts overly complicated imo)
Encyclopedia Of Chart Patterns - Bulkowski

I'd say about %5 of the books I have read are worth while to me, the others are mainly redundant or convoluted.
I usually prefer staring at charts to reading market books.
Do you have any suggested reading kind sir?

Edit:

Looking back, some of the ones that I read and found to be over-rated, took away some good bits from them though I'm sure:

Trading in the Zone - Douglas
How To Make Money In Stocks - William O'Neil
Just about everything by Elder had been pretty rubbish to me.

Edited by MoneyFriend, 26 April 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#34 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Float Analysis - Woods
High Probability Trading Strategies - Miner (liked parts of this, other parts overly complicated imo)

I'd say about %5 of the books I have read are worth while to me, the others are mainly redundant or convoluted.

>I usually prefer staring at charts to reading market books.<........and what do you expect a chart to do for you except tell you where its been..........????......so on this very important subject you are reluctant to read books on the subject of any importance. I wonder how one would be able to travel thru all of china all by hisself without understanding a word of the language.......getting lost would be a sure bet on that one............How many books were you required to read before you were granted a diploma.....hundreds i bet................for real stuff start here.......THE WALL STREET JUNGLE.....and Making it on wall street......by richard ney............once you thoroughly go thru them....get back to me for more........and before you start.......wipe your mind clear of whatever you THINK you know about the stock market and get a fresh start........otherwise your gonna waste many years just floundering around...........best of luck

Edited by da_cheif, 26 April 2009 - 08:52 PM.

#35 MoneyFriend

MoneyFriend

• Traders-Talk User
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Float Analysis - Woods

>I usually prefer staring at charts to reading market books.<........and what do you expect a chart to do for you except tell you where its been..........????......so on this very important subject you are reluctant to read books on the subject of any importance. I wonder how one would be able to travel thru all of china all by hisself without undersanding a word of the language.......getting lost would be a sure bet on that one............How many books were you required to read before you were granted a diploma.....hundreds i bet................for real stuff start here.......THE WALL STREET JUNGLE.....and Making it on wall street......by richard ney............once you thouroughly go thru them....get back to me for more........and before you start.......wipe your mind clear of whatever you THINK you know about the stock market and get a fresh start........otherwise your gonna waste many years just flounering around...........best of luck

Appreciate it, look forward to reading those, and thanks for more than a few sentences this time. : )

Edited by MoneyFriend, 26 April 2009 - 08:51 PM.