Riding it Out

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Frankly I haven't seen anything posted here that could touch the record of your seven sentinels on a consistent basis. I wonder how so many bullish conclusions are being drawn on a 1-day long news-driven momentum event (so far). News mostly seems to momentarily divert the market from the momentum pattern rather than cause it.

Thanks for the compliment, GM. My teasing of da' Cheif above aside ---- seriously, I just reviewed the internals again, and it truly seems clear to me that they are in a very solid downtrend. It's impossible to say, of course, how far news driven buying might carry the market or whether there is more news coming that will have additional effect, but I remain convinced that the die has been cast for the Intermediate Trend. Externals follow internals as exhaling follows inhaling. It's all part of the natural cycle. And that cycle has turned down. Aloha, D

internals......is that like the arms index.....or cumulative breadth......or elliott wave structure.......or monthly momento oscilators...(g)...or sentiment....on some boards whipsaws are called "inversions"...... :huh: .

Edited by da_cheif, 26 May 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#22 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Frankly I haven't seen anything posted here that could touch the record of your seven sentinels on a consistent basis. I wonder how so many bullish conclusions are being drawn on a 1-day long news-driven momentum event (so far). News mostly seems to momentarily divert the market from the momentum pattern rather than cause it.

Thanks for the compliment, GM. My teasing of da' Cheif above aside ---- seriously, I just reviewed the internals again, and it truly seems clear to me that they are in a very solid downtrend. It's impossible to say, of course, how far news driven buying might carry the market or whether there is more news coming that will have additional effect, but I remain convinced that the die has been cast for the Intermediate Trend. Externals follow internals as exhaling follows inhaling. It's all part of the natural cycle. And that cycle has turned down. Aloha, D

internals......is that like the arms index.....or cumulative breadth......or elliott wave structure.......or monthly momento oscilators...(g)...or sentiment....on some boards whipsaws are called "inversions"...... :huh: .

Sorry, that message went right over my simple mind, (though I'm guessing it meant something like "I look at some internals, too") ;) All I know is what works.....

Edited by IYB, 26 May 2009 - 07:21 PM.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#23 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

Sorry, that message went right over my simple mind, (though I'm guessing it meant something like "I look at some internals, too") ;) All I know is what works.....

After counting the number of posts from Da Chief today I know we are close to a nice pull-back....

IYB,

Yep - your system sure works...... Thanks for keeping us updated on a working and profitable trading system - The Seven Sentinels has a nice track record now. Again, thanks for your TA and for not just showing up and cheerleading your current position. ;)

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#24 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

bgz......lololol.......didnt u ever wonder why they would invent that index right near the bottom of the stock markets bull market correction.......they made a vast fortune shorting it......... :lol: http://chart.bigchar.../...S&rand=8255 its goin to zero.....

btw....if ur looking at sentiment Woodson - Gibbons - Neely - and Ferree.....are all bearish.....and thats good if ur long............nothing has changed in that department

Edited by da_cheif, 26 May 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#25 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

LONG bgz....what is that

btw....if ur looking at sentiment Woodson - Gibbons - Neely - and Ferree.....are all bearish.....and thats good if ur long............nothing has changed in that department

Yep - That's why they are called Top Timers they are usually not a fade. Some just flipped current positions and are now Bearish. Most of these guys were Bullish recently like you Chief. However, some are now Bearish and you are still Bullish so now we wait and see if we get the sell-off..... or if the Chief makes another good call... Why would I have you as one of my Top Timers if you were not an excellent Market Timer. These Top Timers are correct more often then not, but it's you my number five man who remains long. I'm going with the majority and it's not a contrarian play Chief...

Also, since you asked - I currently have a small short position....

We shall see...

Take Care!

Oh - if your ticked off because you think I called you a cheerleader I take it back... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chief - I always look forward to your post and have the utmost respect for you and your ability to trade...... I'm short-term Bearish, but looking for much higher prices after the market shakes out the new late to the party bulls....

Edited by robo, 26 May 2009 - 10:06 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#26 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

>Yep - That's why they are called Top Timers they are usually not a fade.<........ded wrong......and who shud know better than me about that......been tracking and watching these guys for over 20 years......they flit in and out of the top ten rankings like wisps in the nite........coin flippers

Edited by da_cheif, 26 May 2009 - 10:11 PM.

#27 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

>Yep - That's why they are called Top Timers they are usually not a fade.<........ded wrong......and who shud know better than me about that......been tracking and watching these guys for over 20 years......they flit in and out of the top ten rankings like wisps in the nite........coin flippers

It's true Chief - some of Top Timers do miss big, but the ones I'm using now have been pretty good during the last year and have lined up well with some other systems I follow.

Early June will be the tell for the short-term and then we shall see if S&P 1200 is in the cards for a summer rally. I think we get a short-term sell-off and then we start a summer rally..... after that...

We shall see.... and Take Care Chief.... I have to get ready for work now and ensure you get your mail tomorrow... Gotta keep them machines running! ;)

#28 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

Tea, I assume if BPSPX moves 6% down from a current point it triggers a sell in the underlying issue? Seems to have a nice track record...

yes, the 6% is also right out of the Dorsey Wright work. Its got a fairly good record, doesn't catch top/bottom tick, but the meat of the move generally. DW is 1% away from a sell on their stuff.

#29 Frankie

Frankie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:42 AM

risk management is everything :)

Amen, Bro! Thanks for the posts, guys. <_<

Thanks again IYB. I'm glad Elvis has Not left the building.