Seriously...

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. We had a big day yesterday. So today we fool around. Isn't that usual? IT

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. We had a big day yesterday.

IT

We ( :bear: :bear: ) need a big day today.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting. We had a big day yesterday.

IT

We ( :bear: :bear: ) need a big day today.

We really do Nav, so far so good, if it wants to just flat out collapse here and give most of yesterday's gains back I will be happy. ES 888 would be perfect.
“be right and sit tight”

#14 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

I think we will have much more, the 30 year bond did not even start to reverse yet!!!

#15 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

I think we will have much more, the 30 year bond did not even start to reverse yet!!!

arbman, you expect a ST money relocation move here as bonds recover?
“be right and sit tight”

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

The stock market is giving a clear signal, it cannot compete against higher interest rates even though USD is as cheap as it can get. There won't be another rally beginning before the interest rates come back down, it means deflation, Fed is unable to control it. In fact, I suspect the more Fed guarantees the long end of the yield curve, the more Chinese and other bond holders simply sold to them instead of buying with the Fed and they diversified out of USD which weakened the USD and the Treasuries. It is really ********.

#17 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

The stock market is giving a clear signal, it cannot compete against higher interest rates even though USD is as cheap as it can get. There won't be another rally beginning before the interest rates come back down, it means deflation, Fed is unable to control it. In fact, I suspect the more Fed guarantees the long end of the yield curve, the more Chinese and other bond holders simply sold to them instead of buying with the Fed and they diversified out of USD which weakened the USD and the Treasuries.

It is really ********.

As one legendary trader said, the jaws always snap shut. Sooner or later.
“be right and sit tight”

#18 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

have to be careful that this pull back isn't just the pull back before completeing the second leg of "d" to the top of the triangle near 922 ish..

Alternative in Black....

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=8&dy=2&i=p34869406619&a=154915911&r=3276.png

#19 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

Very true TP, we are not out of the woods yet. I am just leaning towards the black line due to complete erosion of momentum.
“be right and sit tight”

#20 slatedrake

slatedrake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

There won't be another rally beginning before the interest rates come back down, it means deflation, Fed is unable to control it.

It is really ********.

arbman,

So I take it that you're no longer looking for the drop to 850/875 and than a hundred points euphoric rally into early June to finish this phase of the rally?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Slate
Before you start trading get your brain around risk control. Know how much leverage you're using and know when to go to cash if you're wrong.