LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

opex games no more?

hey, thanks

i see 830 here :o kinda silly i guess. i look at it sometimes wasting time

http://www.optionpai...in/Max-Pain.php

The object is to fool the most, dropping to 830s by opex would certainly do it and get DABOYZ a huge pay day.

I dont understand, why is it any more complicated than SPY 90.XXX this week. From up, down, sideways..........................
SPY 90.XXX ???????????

Simple, at the close today the dollar value of calls in the SPX from 830 to 900 was $31,735,872 for calls and $2,377,591 for puts expiring in June. If the index is dropping toward 830 by exp the huge pay day goes to the loss of value in calls. 850 is all they need to get a huge pay day Friday.

Edited by LarryT, 16 June 2009 - 07:31 PM.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#12 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

The object is to fool the most, dropping to 830s by opex would certainly do it and get DABOYZ a huge pay day.

830s... this week... kind of forcing your luck?

#13 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

[quote name='LarryT' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:57 PM' post='463808']
Trading below 908 will get us the deepest correction since the 666 low. Looking for the 830s if we drop below 908 to 904 area.

internals rollin, I'm expectin a giant gap down at some point, to clear multiple support areas that most would normally sell easily, so they can't:

mco

#14 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

830s... this week... kind of forcing your luck?

I did not say it WOULD drop to 830s, I said if it did the pay day would be huge...... would it not? :lol:

Twitter site

#15 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

My FF is that we break the 200 MA, hit the 50 MA, bounce of and back test 200 MA, then go through the 50 MA, bounce and hit the 50 MA, then go down lower. Its gonna take a while.. forget about SPX 830 by end of the week. You think VIX is like 100 or something? Its barely over 30 now.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#16 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

If that giant gap happens tomorrow it will make for a crisp and clean island in the naz. lol. Who thinks this stuff up. ( i already know )

#17 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

My FF is that we break the 200 MA, hit the 50 MA, bounce of and back test 200 MA, then go through the 50 MA, bounce and hit the 50 MA, then go down lower.

Its gonna take a while.. forget about SPX 830 by end of the week. You think VIX is like 100 or something? Its barely over 30 now.

AAAGGGGGGGHHHHH.......Great scott..I did not say the SnP is going to drop to 830 by Friday....I SAID IF IT DID IT WOULD BE A SURPRISE AND A BIG PAYDAY. :giveup: I give up

Twitter site

#18 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

My FF is that we break the 200 MA, hit the 50 MA, bounce of and back test 200 MA, then go through the 50 MA, bounce and hit the 50 MA, then go down lower.

Its gonna take a while.. forget about SPX 830 by end of the week. You think VIX is like 100 or something? Its barely over 30 now.

AAAGGGGGGGHHHHH.......Great scott..I did not say the SnP is going to drop to 830 by Friday....I SAID IF IT DID IT WOULD BE A SURPRISE AND A BIG PAYDAY. :giveup: I give up

isnt it just a pisser how people interpret posts around here. its like witnesses to an accident or a crime. you have 10 diffreent witnesses, youll get 10 different descriptions. They were all there at the scene and saw the same thing, but they all give different interpretations. Seesh, life is silly, and humans are sillier. We are all biased by our perceptions. :lol:
OTIS.

#19 zigzag

zigzag

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

isnt it just a pisser how people interpret posts around here. its like witnesses to an accident or a crime. you have 10 diffreent witnesses, youll get 10 different descriptions. They were all there at the scene and saw the same thing, but they all give different interpretations. Seesh, life is silly, and humans are sillier. We are all biased by our perceptions. :lol:

I had a brig general (ret) as a prof in college. He loved to amuse himself when a class full of engineers couldn't arrive at the same number using a calculator. :lol:

#20 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

So true...and it's worse now than it's ever been in human history, unfortunately
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months