This is not a bear market rally

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

Anyone that thinks that, I believe will be disappointed. There won't be any meltdowns. That said, forget about any notions of parabolic moves to the upside, those days are over, it's grind from here on out, classic bull market action. It will be very hard to make money on index calls. Cash, futures and stock pickers market. RSI is almost oversold already. nysi_2009_2.png

#2 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

It's nothing near a bull. My 34 years of trading for a living tells me the disappointment will be all yours, my friend. But I've always said the best lessons are learned when you lose money, so I'm sure it will help you somewhere down the road.

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

It's nothing near a bull. My 34 years of trading for a living tells me the disappointment will be all yours, my friend. But I've always said the best lessons are learned when you lose money, so I'm sure it will help you somewhere down the road.

Could you post some TA to back that up.

#4 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

how bout the simpliest of simple...the spx 500 with a 200day ema??? or the spx weekly and monthly with a 20, 50 ema... you cant dispute that we are in a bear mkt using the most easily identifiable tools.....

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

how bout the simpliest of simple...the spx 500 with a 200day ema???

or the spx weekly and monthly with a 20, 50 ema...

you cant dispute that we are in a bear mkt using the most easily identifiable tools.....

try the coppock ;)

#6 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

p index found support

http://3.bp.blogspot...n. 18 17.41.gif
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#7 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

"Could you post some TA to back that up." I already did-I told you I've made my living trading for 34 years. I've posted plenty of live trades here, and plenty of TA, I'm just not in the mood for the foolishness of comparing this to 2003 (which I traded) or other esoteric possible chart comparrisons that have no basis in real live money making trading. Tell me how many profitable trades you are making with this profound bull market conclusion you have made-and I guess how many losers, as well. You can see mine posted live here at your leisure. Want to prove your point to me-post your trades live, as well, so I can see how your take is treating you. We trade for cash, and cash only-everything else is pure noise. I'm trading this as a bear market rally, and doing quite well-the proof is in the pudding.

Edited by thespookyone, 18 June 2009 - 07:59 PM.

#8 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

how bout the simpliest of simple...the spx 500 with a 200day ema???

or the spx weekly and monthly with a 20, 50 ema...

you cant dispute that we are in a bear mkt using the most easily identifiable tools.....

try the coppock ;)

wrong twice. doesn't tell you when to get out. invented back in 1960. i suppose one could rely on someone's invention in the 60's, but then again, back then they didn't have derivatives, subprime, quant easing, massive government manipulation, obtuse hedge fund managers, totally insolvent banking system, a hugely weak dollar, $80 trillion in national debt and unfunded obligations (IOU's), peak oil, and 6 billion people on the planet, half of which are starving, the other half mostly tapped out except for the elite few, and a few countries ready to nuke each other at a moments notice. but go for it, if you believe. ;)
OTIS.

#9 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

CLK, plenty of people including myself have provided many examples of why you are living in the realm of delusion. Disregarding and ignoring these posts only to rehash this silly argument again just shows that you are grabbing at straws.
“be right and sit tight”

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

CLK, plenty of people including myself have provided many examples of why you are living in the realm of delusion. Disregarding and ignoring these posts only to rehash this silly argument again just shows that you are grabbing at straws.

Only price will make me believe those examples.