IMVHO

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#11 The Right Look

The Right Look

• Traders-Talk User
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Tea, I have always enjoyed reading your posts. The work you present has always been researched and well thought out. Latley however I have seen a couple of posts by you stating big gaps up that will never be filled. I curious as to what technical indicators you are using to predict a gap up? My experience over the years have shown that gaps are always filled. I would rather see the market gap down and buy when the gap is filled. Thanks

#12 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

from what i can remember tor has usually traded CFD, contract for difference, which are traded very close to spx internals have potential divergences, price wise just seems strange with a big move up as we are below that 888 above there and 900-904 and i am believer of above 956, then again i remember ES 910 being a tough to crack, so that should also provide tough resistance well we'll see, will reset myself tomorrow, should get a big move up, but could do plenty of wiggles before we get it

#13 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

Tea,
I have always enjoyed reading your posts. The work you present has always been researched and well thought out. Latley however I have seen a couple of posts by you stating big gaps up that will never be filled. I curious as to what technical indicators you are using to predict a gap up? My experience over the years have shown that gaps are always filled. I would rather see the market gap down and buy when the gap is filled.
Thanks

Sorry...I did say "gap up will never be filled" the other day...but that WAS tongue in cheek...I was taking the micky out of a certain individual who is CONSTANTLY calling for gap ups that will NEVER get filled
....this time I'm a little more serious....if we do get a gap up...I said it shouldn't be sold....it will be filled....but probably not for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

#14 The Right Look

The Right Look

• Traders-Talk User
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Tea, Thanks for clarifying....yes I saw your post the other day and thought it was a little out of character for you. Keep up the good work. I like your posts and your Elliott Wave counts. Good luck trading

#15 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Tea,
I have always enjoyed reading your posts. The work you present has always been researched and well thought out. Latley however I have seen a couple of posts by you stating big gaps up that will never be filled. I curious as to what technical indicators you are using to predict a gap up? My experience over the years have shown that gaps are always filled. I would rather see the market gap down and buy when the gap is filled.
Thanks

Sorry...I did say "gap up will never be filled" the other day...but that WAS tongue in cheek...I was taking the micky out of a certain individual who is CONSTANTLY calling for gap ups that will NEVER get filled
....this time I'm a little more serious....if we do get a gap up...I said it shouldn't be sold....it will be filled....but probably not for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

In a nutshell that would imply good 2nd Q earnings?

#16 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

We have classic bottoming action here...so classic that we may make a new high....target 960 before dropping profusely...
What I would love to see is Globex action making another low in the 860/62 area...with cash making a higher low in the morning...but that might be too wet of a dream.....cash has either put in it's low......or will need another low. If we need another low in cash....I'd be watching OEX 407/408 for a very strong reversal..A gap up tomorrow shouldn't be sold. ...it will be a gap that won't ever be filled ...within the next 4 weeks...

Tea, not sure what is so "classic" here, I can see a st pop but it sure smells like we have started another deflation leg here, sentiment has changed to the glass is half empty too, I am sure you have a high confidence wave count to support your conviction and if correct you will surprise a bunch of folks, although Chieffy looking for an 860 low then up so we'll see

#17 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

With weekly momentum turning down as rapidly as it is, why are we still looking for a new high? What, other than fulfilling some kind of utopian setup does this achieve and more importantly on what ground is this being advocated? Don't we want to stay away from blind prognostications? On the other hand, the constant mockery of a certain individual is humorous and should continue even if it serves to undermine the credibility of the post.

Edited by rkd80, 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM.

“be right and sit tight”

#18 TMN

TMN

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

so basically tor nailed it ;-)

Maybe...but I think he's stopped out. I can't get a straight answer on spx or es....I've been politely asking what he's trading but can't get an answer. I was trying to help earlier...if it's a spx entry, then he's fine if we bottomed or he'll be stopped out just before a ramp if we haven't...if it was ES ...he's stopped out

what exactly are you talking about tea? :angel_not:

#19 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

namo made a lower low, so doesn't look like this a-b-c-correction-new-move-down-or-what-it-is is quite over yet however vix has a gap to fill below

#20 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

We have classic bottoming action here...so classic that we may make a new high....target 960 before dropping profusely...
What I would love to see is Globex action making another low in the 860/62 area...with cash making a higher low in the morning...but that might be too wet of a dream.....cash has either put in it's low......or will need another low. If we need another low in cash....I'd be watching OEX 407/408 for a very strong reversal..A gap up tomorrow shouldn't be sold. ...it will be a gap that won't ever be filled ...within the next 4 weeks...

Tea, not sure what is so "classic" here, I can see a st pop but it sure smells like we have started another deflation leg here, sentiment has changed to the glass is half empty too, I am sure you have a high confidence wave count to support your conviction and if correct you will surprise a bunch of folks, although Chieffy looking for an 860 low then up so we'll see

860 spx or ES is what I'd like to see too...to bottom an ED

Edited by Teaparty, 08 July 2009 - 04:18 PM.