RE-short es

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

892 es traded a lot over night was pretty good covered the am drop 1/2 and got stopped the other did not long it. waited until now to short it. Missed the call on the early low it will likely come Weds. now. If we do go to a low on Weds. then I think we hit a high next week Tuesday probably around here again. but the high for the week if it sticks call was not bad "Lar I am thinking SPX 897 area" Z

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

anybody have a translation on this?

#3 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

on what exactly?

gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#4 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

I copied 100%. Z is a busy man and writes fast.... He's short- down till Weds (but he'll be in 'n' out 20 times by then : ;) ) then up till next Tues.

PS- never fade him. :)

Edited by IYB, 13 July 2009 - 01:31 PM.

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#5 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

892 es

traded a lot over night was pretty good covered the am drop 1/2 and got stopped the other did not long it. waited until now to short it. Missed the call on the early low it will likely come Weds. now. If we do go to a low on Weds. then I think we hit a high next week Tuesday probably around here again.

but the high for the week if it sticks call was not bad "Lar I am thinking SPX 897 area"

Z

Z,

are you closing all your short positions out before GS earnings tomorrow morning?

Thanks, gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#6 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

I copied 100%. Z is a busy man and writes fast.... He's short- down till Weds (but he'll be in 'n' out 20 times by then :)) then up till next Tues.

I have become somewhat versed in Zoropbian and what he said was the following:

He missed the call on Friday that suggested we make a low today/tomorrow and now thinks that the low might come in on Wed. *if* this low does happen to be on Wednesday, he then expects another rally into next Tuesday which could probably bring us back to the current levels - aka SPX 897~.
“be right and sit tight”

#7 lip11

lip11

• Traders-Talk User
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

skott:

Z re-shorted ES at 892

Z was short into over night and covered 1/2 on the morning drop, broke even on the other half...
but did not go long on that low.

his call for the low at 859-865 cash was a miss.

now, Z thinks Weds is a low, then the high comes Tuesday next week.

his target for this rally was SPX 897.

is that clear skott? :)

#8 butchwax

butchwax

• TT Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

me too. short 893.50

#9 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

I copied 100%. Z is a busy man and writes fast.... He's short- down till Weds (but he'll be in 'n' out 20 times by then :)) then up till next Tues.

I have become somewhat versed in Zoropbian and what he said was the following:

He missed the call on Friday that suggested we make a low today/tomorrow and now thinks that the low might come in on Wed. *if* this low does happen to be on Wednesday, he then expects another rally into next Tuesday which could probably bring us back to the current levels - aka SPX 897~.

Exactly. That was the complete message. I just gave a quick synopsis. ;)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#10 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

892 es= as in the e-mini contracts

traded a lot over night=(traded several times in the over night session) was pretty good= made some $... covered the am drop 1/2 = I liquidated half my position for a profit...and got stopped= my other half got liquidated for me with a one point loss... the other did not long it =I did not go with the rally. waited until now to short it= I going to give ya this one. Missed the call on the early low =from my thread on Friday...it will likely come Weds. now= where I think the low of the week will come in. If we do go to a low on Weds.= got this one Scott... then I think we hit a high next week Tuesday probably around here again= if we get a high next week I think it will be close to 897 again.

but the high for the week if it sticks call was not bad "Lar I am thinking SPX 897 area" on my thread from Friday talking to Larry T my FF for the high of this week. Of which we just hit 897.53 I consider that pretty close do not know it it holds as the high.

Now I have said this before I suck at typing and Grammar (must be the 5 languages I speak kinda gets mixed up on the 2nd floor) and I am monitoring several things while I write.

Did that help scott?

Z

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.