RE-short es

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

yep, clear. had to read it a few times. the Lar part threw me off.

#12 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

FWIW, I count 5 waves up and an ending diagonal on 15 mins and 5 mins.. plus obivious neckline test from bottom.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#13 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

yep, clear. had to read it a few times. the Lar part threw me off.

Just remember that if he stopped to write it all out longhand every time, he'd never be able to do what he does- the stuff that makes him "Z man" :)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#14 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

The hourly is telling me 901.75 caps this, Z-but it can be done at any time.

#15 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:50 PM

Ockham's Razor :lol:

http://stockcharts.c...id=p51936568179
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#16 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:56 PM

892 es

traded a lot over night was pretty good covered the am drop 1/2 and got stopped the other did not long it. waited until now to short it. Missed the call on the early low it will likely come Weds. now. If we do go to a low on Weds. then I think we hit a high next week Tuesday probably around here again.

but the high for the week if it sticks call was not bad "Lar I am thinking SPX 897 area"

Z

Z,

are you closing all your short positions out before GS earnings tomorrow morning?

Thanks, gis

What Don said G I will traded around the core most of the time from 50% to 20% of my total position but usually a third.

Thanks guys for the help. I know I am not the easiest read and frankly I am a mess in writing but I try hard on the TA part.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#17 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

I can see a dip coming from somewhere up here, but I think that dip is followed by another high above whatever today's highs are. Remember, earnings all week. Even if they sell Goldmans earnings tomorrow, they got more financials as the week wears on. I think this dip is going to be shallow. I think an 892 ES sale is gonna require alot of fancy footwork....just what Z is good at. IT EDIT: This false breakdown on the H&S could result in a very powerful move on the upside.

Edited by IndexTrader, 13 July 2009 - 02:02 PM.

#18 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

I can see a dip coming from somewhere up here, but I think that dip is followed by another high above whatever today's highs are. Remember, earnings all week. Even if they sell Goldmans earnings tomorrow, they got more financials as the week wears on. I think this dip is going to be shallow.

I think an 892 ES sale is gonna require alot of fancy footwork....just what Z is good at.

IT

EDIT: This false breakdown on the H&S could result in a very powerful move on the upside.

Shallow as is in break 869 by 4-6 points or shallow like a fib retrace?

Z

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#19 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

I can see a dip coming from somewhere up here, but I think that dip is followed by another high above whatever today's highs are. Remember, earnings all week. Even if they sell Goldmans earnings tomorrow, they got more financials as the week wears on. I think this dip is going to be shallow.

I think an 892 ES sale is gonna require alot of fancy footwork....just what Z is good at.

IT

EDIT: This false breakdown on the H&S could result in a very powerful move on the upside.

Z

I'm seeing a retracement of today's move...not 869. In fact, 869 would probably result in taking the lows out in my view.

IT

#20 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

IT

Z

Why would you short this? There is a big fat green candle on the dailies, Financial earnings all week and also a very oversold market.

Zoro, I love ur stuff, but cant see the logic here. Good luck anyway ok.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.