RE-short es

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

I can see a dip coming from somewhere up here, but I think that dip is followed by another high above whatever today's highs are. Remember, earnings all week. Even if they sell Goldmans earnings tomorrow, they got more financials as the week wears on. I think this dip is going to be shallow.

I think an 892 ES sale is gonna require alot of fancy footwork....just what Z is good at.

IT

EDIT: This false breakdown on the H&S could result in a very powerful move on the upside.

Shallow as is in break 869 by 4-6 points or shallow like a fib retrace?

Z

I'm seeing a retracement of today's move...not 869. In fact, 869 would probably result in taking the lows out in my view.

IT

Let me rephrase this....a move through 869 to me would probably lead to something under 850. I'm not expecting that right now. More a normal retracement of todays move.

IT

#22 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think Zorop is watching the buck.. so am I.. The buck has been consolidating for days now.. its formed a pretty big base. The 50 MA has now turned up and if you want to talk golden cross, it has one as well with a 200 MA sloped up. One of the days, it will explode upwards out of there and that will be the big surprise. I think we get an initial impulsive thrust out of the buck, then an attempt to sell it off, then followed by a trending move.. But stocks may not respond in kind with earnings. Got to see how things go. EDIT: oops I didn't mean 50 MA has turned up, I meant 20 MA.

Edited by dcengr, 13 July 2009 - 02:18 PM.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#23 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

Ockham's Razor :lol:

http://stockcharts.c...id=p51936568179

:D but lets see if it sticks they keep trying!

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#24 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

Z-my hourly had 903. 70-I can't add today. LOL=that's cash.

#25 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

I can see a dip coming from somewhere up here, but I think that dip is followed by another high above whatever today's highs are. Remember, earnings all week. Even if they sell Goldmans earnings tomorrow, they got more financials as the week wears on. I think this dip is going to be shallow.

I think an 892 ES sale is gonna require alot of fancy footwork....just what Z is good at.

IT

EDIT: This false breakdown on the H&S could result in a very powerful move on the upside.

Shallow as is in break 869 by 4-6 points or shallow like a fib retrace?

Z

I'm seeing a retracement of today's move...not 869. In fact, 869 would probably result in taking the lows out in my view.

IT

Let me rephrase this....a move through 869 to me would probably lead to something under 850. I'm not expecting that right now. More a normal retracement of todays move.

IT

ah ok got ya.

dc yes it is always on one of the station screens. I think the move your talking about comes next week dc the trending one that is. I think they need to run it here one more time from a lower low than yesterday before that moves starts but who knows.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#26 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

I think Zorop is watching the buck.. so am I..

The buck has been consolidating for days now.. its formed a pretty big base. The 50 MA has now turned up and if you want to talk golden cross, it has one as well with a 200 MA sloped up.

One of the days, it will explode upwards out of there and that will be the big surprise. I think we get an initial impulsive thrust out of the buck, then an attempt to sell it off, then followed by a trending move..

But stocks may not respond in kind with earnings. Got to see how things go.

EDIT: oops I didn't mean 50 MA has turned up, I meant 20 MA.

I'm looking for the buck to take the lows out under 79 basis September. Then we see.

IT

#27 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

pretty good figuring where you getting your info? :P

http://www.optionpai...in/Max-Pain.php
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#28 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

I think Zorop is watching the buck.. so am I..

The buck has been consolidating for days now.. its formed a pretty big base. The 50 MA has now turned up and if you want to talk golden cross, it has one as well with a 200 MA sloped up.

One of the days, it will explode upwards out of there and that will be the big surprise. I think we get an initial impulsive thrust out of the buck, then an attempt to sell it off, then followed by a trending move..

But stocks may not respond in kind with earnings. Got to see how things go.

EDIT: oops I didn't mean 50 MA has turned up, I meant 20 MA.

its a 2 down or a 3 up in da buck...you know the drill from here.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#29 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Spooky closes to the pin but not over with :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow's open may get interesting.

Z

#30 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Spooky closes to the pin but not over with :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow's open may get interesting.

Z

This was the most interesting string in a long time. :) I pushed up my short position right at the close - especially QID. Tomorrow indeed will be interesting. Pour yourself a JD when you get a chance Z. You earned it. <_< But it's still way too early here.
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds