#22 klono

klono

• Traders-Talk User
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

Almost there ................

Get ready to break the March lows

allmost where

July 31st trading deadline! The 2 worst stock market declines in recent history occurred after the Phillies won the world series in 1980 and 2008. Hopefully today's decline is not signalling the Phillies and the Blue Jays are closing in on a deal which sends Roy Halladay to the Phillies. That would insure 2009 and 2010 world series victories for Philadelphia and that the US is in a recession/depression that could last into late 2011.

k ;)

Edited by klono, 28 July 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#23 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

After careful reading I conclude that trading within the envelope is likely to be the best strategy. I never aspire get the top or the bottom, but I have made a wonderful living in the middle, when it becomes clear a trend is in progress. Your arguments are too for reaching and generalized to be useful to most mortals who simply want to trade consistently in identifiable patterns. Personally I did not find H/S formations were good pivots to launch from as a general rule. I got a Ph.D twenty years ago for doing some similar statistical tests of probable market responses to certain cyclical patterns. If you clean up the grammar a little, and formalize the conclusions and the proofs offered it might be a useful contribution to cycles theory, or behavioral economics. Why not submit it to your Alma mater and see what happens? They may want three years out of your life - if so just walk away. Islander.