Capitulation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

Sorry to come out of the cave once again, but how does one short 500 ES on overnight margin when they just wipped out there account? Oh yeah, Octo= Atilla. Back to the cave

#22 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

atilla is prob one of the best traders around. the problem with good traders is they become so confident in their own belief they back their view and back it big. this one went horribly wrong. theere is no bull shde or bear side, but the right side.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#23 TradingUp

TradingUp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

atilla is prob one of the best traders around.

If that really is the case (and every time he is mentioned in a blog, someone always comes out with this) I have but one question: given the awful performance he has exhibited since March, how much more damage does he have to do before he loses that reputation?

#24 entre

entre

• Traders-Talk User
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

I can understand if someone doesn't want to go long this market...but I don't understand going short like that. Federal Reserve in March: "We will buy 300 billion of treasuries and 1.5 trillion of total debt over the next 6 months"...ie by far the biggest Federal Reserve intervention ever. I think the idea of a manipulated market brings about cognitive dissonance in many traders...*hands over ears* "I don't wanna hear it!...make it stop!". Some TA people so badly want to believe the market is pure...natural...and all that idealistic good american free enterprise system stuff...or if there is govt manipulation it's built into their technical indicators...and then are "appalled" or "taken aback" when the market doesn't act according to historical norms when the present climate is the furthest from normalcy due to the Fed saying it was going to do something it had never done before. It's like that NBA ref telling you in advance he was gonna rig the basketball game and you still bet against him.

#25 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

It's like that NBA ref telling you in advance he was gonna rig the basketball game and you still bet against him.

thats true :o
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#26 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

I am on clean up. Much of this thread is not consistent with the regime of respect. Apologies if I get overzelous but a martini is waiting for me.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter