Trouble Understanding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 apprentice

apprentice

• Traders-Talk User
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

Diogenes, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by "a run back to the zero line on the oscillators." I see the McCleellan and all I see is up and down up and down movements and I can see the larger pattern. When you mention oscillators are you referring to the McClellan alone or others, and which. I'd truly like to better understand what you were saying in your most recent post. Rich "Another rough day for a bearish signal. I just stopped out the leveraged short basket for a 5 percent gain. Not bad in this choppy environment, but at its peak it was up more than 8 percent. Once again, just as soon as the market gets oversold... This looks like it could be a run back to the zero line on the Oscillators and then we'll see how it goes. As long as the Sums are down the context remains bearish." Trader Vic once said never let profits turn into a loss -- no kidding, if and when you ever have any.

RPPVW/SHP

"It is not your duty to complete the work,
but neither may you desist from it."

--Talmud

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:32 AM

Diogenes,

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by "a run back to the zero line on the oscillators." I see the McCleellan and all I see is up and down up and down movements and I can see the larger pattern. When you mention oscillators are you referring to the McClellan alone or others, and which.

I'd truly like to better understand what you were saying in your most recent post.

Rich

"Another rough day for a bearish signal. I just stopped out the leveraged short basket for a 5 percent gain. Not bad in this choppy environment, but at its peak it was up more than 8 percent. Once again, just as soon as the market gets oversold...

This looks like it could be a run back to the zero line on the Oscillators and then we'll see how it goes. As long as the Sums are down the context remains bearish."

Trader Vic once said never let profits turn into a loss -- no kidding, if and when you ever have any.

Rich,

I hope you noticed I tried to answer this in the McClellan thread above.

Good trading to you. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."