climbing a wall of worry

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

the miners are below their recent highs silver is below its high of last year and yet gold makes new forever highs gold is the clear leader miners had a correction along w/the broads, and are now breaking above the gann angles from those recent highs i am looking for the miners to make new highs the miners are cheap compared to the metal dharma

#2 rooster

rooster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

I take it your not looking for a low anymore this month?

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

I take it your not looking for a low anymore this month?

until the miners make new highs for the move, i am on alert.
i am looking for gold to go to 1150-1300 in the 1st quarter.
right here i am looking higher , but i am cautious until the miners confirm
dharma

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

the miners are below their recent highs
silver is below its high of last year
and yet gold makes new forever highs

gold is the clear leader
miners had a correction along w/the broads, and are now breaking above the gann angles from those recent highs
i am looking for the miners to make new highs
the miners are cheap compared to the metal
dharma

si amigo, daily chart of XAU/Gold ratio looks to Senor to be completed correction.

BSing away

Senor

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

the miners are below their recent highs
silver is below its high of last year
and yet gold makes new forever highs

gold is the clear leader
miners had a correction along w/the broads, and are now breaking above the gann angles from those recent highs
i am looking for the miners to make new highs
the miners are cheap compared to the metal
dharma

si amigo, daily chart of XAU/Gold ratio looks to Senor to be completed correction.

BSing away

Senor

and w/the fed assuring more of the same for the foreseeable future. 1300 looks realistic for the 1st quarter. yes, there will be corrections
dharma

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

xau/hui have hourly divergences
correction into the bradley?
john embry, one of the best
http://www.sprott.co...20continues.pdf
dharma

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:34 AM

how can you tell when gold is in a bubble?
http://jessescrossro...e.blogspot.com/
this is what i am expecting from the juniors @some point. @some point they will value potential gold in the ground as they did cmgi!!!!!!!!!
dharma

#8 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

this is what i am expecting from the juniors @some point. @some point they will value potential gold in the ground as they did cmgi!!!!!!!!!
dharma

You know what's funny is that I was trading that market, and never heard of any of those stocks. :lol: But I do remember all of the S. African stocks at the time that were paying 10%-20% yields, that ended up going up 10 fold +. Not a bad return.

IT

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

dharma

You know what's funny is that I was trading that market, and never heard of any of those stocks. :lol: But I do remember all of the S. African stocks at the time that were paying 10%-20% yields, that ended up going up 10 fold +. Not a bad return.

IT

i never heard of those stocks either :lol: :D . the s.africans were most of the play @that time.
dharma

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

i am still contemplating india's purchase of 200tonnes of gold. 1/2 of what the imf has offered! i suspect china will step up for the balance. and russia's gold reserves are still quite low. before the fed was established governments thought it prudent to have huge %, like 40%, in gold reserves, but somehow they bought into the feds balancing act. (the dollar buys 4%of what it did in 1913). ben has been put in there to print and print he will. his choice is to print or repudiate! how long will it be before the small door into the gold market accommodates the rushing masses of govt and the public? china has been encouraging its populace to buy gold. how much of your portfolio has gold/gold stocks? i have gone all in, and have been that way for 5 years! i can wait. they are headed this way dharma