11 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

:)
Look at it full size to see the power now in place. Real or otherwise.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=10&mn=6&dy=0&i=p96421644619&a=182489919&r=9.png

Regardless of any short or intermediate term thinking the SPX has moved solidly into a "BULL Market."

The (89,233,1) MACD has crossed above the (55,89,1) MACD for the first time sense late Aug.2003.

To answer the next question, "can it crash-yes" not likely with current known factors.

JMHO, comments welcome.

mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

Beautiful long-term chart. Very revealing how your MACD setups continue to confirm the bull move just as they confirmed the bear when there was one. Nicely done. Elegant. Best to you. :)
"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted, W.C. Fields.

#3 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

Since the July low, every advance has been an impulse and every decline a correction ( three-waver). Though the move from 1102 to 1029 could be interpreted as five waves, I must admit. How should the advance from the July low be labeled? Is it a series of 1,2's? Seems to good to be true. If you mention a series of 1,2's you get slapped around.

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

The count is tough...1,2,1,2 isn't out of the question..but at the same time..I'm not fond of overlaping waves...usually trouble eventually..fwiw

#5 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

The series of 1,2's is still viable. Unlikely, but there it is.

#6 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

What's 1-2 1-2, a stuttering market?

When you have corrections, the wave counts get pretty ugly, the move since March as sharp as it is has all the markings of a series of corrective waves.

For a glimpse of the near future, just take a look at the Japanese market....or the upcomig reversal in Gold and the buck... I am getting ahead of myself here but the Japanese moves are already recent history.

GS.

#7 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

What's 1-2 1-2, a stuttering market?

When you have corrections, the wave counts get pretty ugly, the move since March as sharp as it is has all the markings of a series of corrective waves.

For a glimpse of the near future, just take a look at the Japanese market....or the upcomig reversal in Gold and the buck... I am getting ahead of myself here but the Japanese moves are already recent history.

GS.

We are just seeing the charts differently. I see a possible exposion higher and I want to be in on it if it happens. I am willing to risk gains that I have in order to catch this exposion.

Cycles lows are in or very close. The $NIKK looks like it hit its low. I have been very long numerous ways for a long time. Why get out? Market has never chased one out.

Again, we just see the charts differently.

#8 lambro

lambro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

here are some interesting ratios on a macro scale

note the balance beam values to left and how they play a key roll in price structure

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/lambro3/2009/spxbubble1209.jpg[/img

#9 lambro

lambro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

typo prevented chart from displaying

Posted Image

#10 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

:)

Well it is truth test time.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYA&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p34852065091&a=172718480&r=589.png
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!