11 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:18 PM

:)
Look at it full size to see the power now in place. Real or otherwise.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=10&mn=6&dy=0&i=p96421644619&a=182489919&r=9.png

Regardless of any short or intermediate term thinking the SPX has moved solidly into a "BULL Market."

The (89,233,1) MACD has crossed above the (55,89,1) MACD for the first time sense late Aug.2003.

To answer the next question, "can it crash-yes" not likely with current known factors.

JMHO, comments welcome.

mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

Beautiful long-term chart. Very revealing how your MACD setups continue to confirm the bull move just as they confirmed the bear when there was one. Nicely done. Elegant. Best to you. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

Since the July low, every advance has been an impulse and every decline a correction ( three-waver). Though the move from 1102 to 1029 could be interpreted as five waves, I must admit. How should the advance from the July low be labeled? Is it a series of 1,2's? Seems to good to be true. If you mention a series of 1,2's you get slapped around.

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

The count is tough...1,2,1,2 isn't out of the question..but at the same time..I'm not fond of overlaping waves...usually trouble eventually..fwiw

#5 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

The series of 1,2's is still viable. Unlikely, but there it is.

#6 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

What's 1-2 1-2, a stuttering market?

When you have corrections, the wave counts get pretty ugly, the move since March as sharp as it is has all the markings of a series of corrective waves.

For a glimpse of the near future, just take a look at the Japanese market....or the upcomig reversal in Gold and the buck... I am getting ahead of myself here but the Japanese moves are already recent history.

GS.

#7 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

What's 1-2 1-2, a stuttering market?

When you have corrections, the wave counts get pretty ugly, the move since March as sharp as it is has all the markings of a series of corrective waves.

For a glimpse of the near future, just take a look at the Japanese market....or the upcomig reversal in Gold and the buck... I am getting ahead of myself here but the Japanese moves are already recent history.

GS.

We are just seeing the charts differently. I see a possible exposion higher and I want to be in on it if it happens. I am willing to risk gains that I have in order to catch this exposion.

Cycles lows are in or very close. The $NIKK looks like it hit its low. I have been very long numerous ways for a long time. Why get out? Market has never chased one out.

Again, we just see the charts differently.

#8 lambro

lambro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

here are some interesting ratios on a macro scale

note the balance beam values to left and how they play a key roll in price structure

[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/lambro3/2009/spxbubble1209.jpg[/img

#9 lambro

lambro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

typo prevented chart from displaying

Posted Image

#10 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

:)

Well it is truth test time.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYA&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p34852065091&a=172718480&r=589.png
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!