• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

..then we should be within a whisker of a good top....if not...every superdooper technical indicator that I've developed over more than the past decade is CRAP! :wacko: Yes...divergence is divergence until it isn't...but in the majority of cases....price "usually" bows to divergence...but my top three of my said "superdooper" indicators are screaming sell as of 5 minutes ago.. I've got my eye glued to that OEX topping range mentioned earlier...ideally would like to see a quick pop over 520 and reverse...but anywhere between 516/520 could do it..

Edited by eminimee, 16 November 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#2 babs

babs

• Traders-Talk User
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

VXN positive, barely. This is a change from previous rallies

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:43 PM

If it's a reversal day today, then we need take out SPX 1093 by EOD to invalidate the breakout. Otherwise, "wait" says my TA....

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

The Titanic crew is still alive and well. Good luck you make the market. Best, Islander

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

every superdooper technical indicator that I've developed over more than the past decade is CRAP!

Naw...they're not crap, they just to need be "adjusted".

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 hitoya

hitoya

• Traders-Talk User
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

Plus TA is not science but art.

every superdooper technical indicator that I've developed over more than the past decade is CRAP!

Naw...they're not crap, they just to need be "adjusted".

Fib

#7 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

You didn't think you had the holy grail did you? ;) IT

#8 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

You didn't think you had the holy grail did you? ;)

IT

"s"..Grail(S)...and yeah...I thought I did...still might .. :dunce:

PS...a red close today would be real ugly...but that is just impossible! :angel_not:

Edited by eminimee, 16 November 2009 - 01:10 PM.

#9 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

You didn't think you had the holy grail did you? ;)

IT

"s"..Grail(S)...and yeah...I thought I did...still might .. :dunce:

I was hoping I had the holy grail also... I agree I still might... Nothing works perfect forever.. I was hoping that I had enough varients in mind it allowed for a variety of different signals scenarios... Today through it off, but is it enough to cover today.. We are do for a couple days down....

Currently we need 2-day RSI to go below 30 and some other indicators to sell off before I go long or McClellan to go above 25 for NASDAQ and 100 to say this bull is for real, and my trend indicators align and signify the trend is up...

Barry

#10 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

There's TA and there's TA. (wow, brilliant!). On trend days the trend is your friend. When that comes in with overwhelming breadth and good buying from the options boys you gotta let it flow. On the daily charts a close over 1100 would signal a significant event. If 1100 holds on any pullback, assuming we don't go parabolic, that would also be significant. Never forget (not just you eminimiminme) that oscillators in particular can only go from 0 to 100 and can get stuck at either end while price dances all over the place. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice