SPX

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

Don't you love it ? It takes only 15-min to erase even the most brutal decline. The collapsing VIX on friday was hinting that the overnight crooks would pull somthing like this. My decision to cover shorts on friday was the right one. With todays move, the swing sell on SPX is invalidated. I will be looking to go long on the next pullback. Will post when i get the next continuation signal.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 Venatici

Venatici

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

Thank you.

#3 jdjimenez

jdjimenez

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

Don't you love it ? It takes only 15-min to erase even the most brutal decline. The collapsing VIX on friday was hinting that the overnight crooks would pull somthing like this. My decision to cover shorts on friday was the right one.

With todays move, the swing sell on SPX is invalidated. I will be looking to go long on the next pullback. Will post when i get the next continuation signal.

Nice moves NAV!

#4 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

No Doubt now 1115-1121 next.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#5 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

Stopped out of TZA at cost. That wasn't any fun. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#6 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

Don't you love it ? It takes only 15-min to erase even the most brutal decline. The collapsing VIX on friday was hinting that the overnight crooks would pull somthing like this. My decision to cover shorts on friday was the right one.

With todays move, the swing sell on SPX is invalidated. I will be looking to go long on the next pullback. Will post when i get the next continuation signal.

I added short from 1101.75 to 1111 majority being 1111.

You short into this rally!

Ok I could be completely wrong but this the opportunity I currently see....
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#7 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

oex has made a nominal new high...and at the moment unconfirmed by spx and ES..fwiw

#8 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

oex has made a nominal new high...and at the moment unconfirmed by spx and ES..fwiw

Eminimee, what the implication of your statement?If the Oex made a nominal new high what does that mean for spx and es or vice versa
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

What is important here is to watch the A/D line, not the price levels on SPX. If the A/D line makes new recovery highs, then forget the bear case for a while. Cuz, to get back into a configuration in which we are now, it would take multi-month efforts again.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

Add XLF to the non-confirmation list.