Buy or Sell ?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

fed game says today is the trend day...so should be down good all day. Since no quad unwind took place earlier, its gotta unwind today and tomorrow's open. Could be a large gap tomorrow. IMO, most have been put to sleep by the last 5 weeks, and won't have anything for the real move. Many have been trained to trade for 2,3,4 ES points, nothing wrong with that, just a sign of whats its done to the crowd. To add, Bol Bands are pinched almost to extreme and ADX on SPY is in the 10's now = unreal.

Tommy what is wrong about racking up 1-2 points over and over in the day and say if you can pile up 8 day after day. Every 10 days is 80 points every 30 =240 while one sits and waits and risk capital for the homer of 40 or so. Sounds like the pointer trader dude is not doing to bad.

le dump the rest 1097.50 Do not care what it does from here. I think it goes lower later.

Z, you trading system is perfect... I do that somethings but something these two three point trades i can't be bothered to postcause i do it in asian time.... cause leaverage is higher...

I do not either only when I think a 4+ is in the cards do not want to bore folks with the other ones. To hard to post them anyway.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#22 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

http://chart.ly/5v2a8e
ES "volume profile gradient"

We seem to have bounced strongly against a low volume area. What am I missing?
(cum tick hit a 3stdev boundry at bounce bottom but still).

Further to go on the downside? Until volume is reached? I don't know.

#23 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

We should know by the end of the day. Right now we have a broken hourly uptrend. But that in itself is not a sell signal. Broken uptrend can heal itslef by quickly reversing and making new recovery highs. Either way when the next sell signal or continuation buy is triggered i will post here. I am more leaning towards a sell signal. We'll see...

I have been doing some research (both manual and computer based) on price trends and price momentum, using price data over the last few decades. When i started the study, i was of the opinion that momentum controls price. The more i research the more i am of the opinion that price(Price trends) are more important than momentum. Price action creates momentum. Momentum, Volume and other indicators are gauges to measure the trend strength and trend reversal points. That explains why many times high momentum selloffs reverse on a dime in strongly trending markets without necessary divergences. I was using a system which was weighted more with momentum and less with price. While it's a good day trading system for hit and run trading, it misses good trending moves. Now i am in process of weigthing that system with more weight on price trends and less weigth on momentum. The results are interesting and promising. I have changed nothing in my system other than just weighting.

So Mr NAV is it a sell yet , or we wait to see if 1080 breaks , thxs in advance

#24 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:49 AM

ES 1093 = SPX 1100 is an important horizontal AND trend support now. There is only air below this to next horizontal support around 1080 (cash), ideally the gap closes around 1070s. IF we sell down from here, I expect Dec close around 1050-1060 and then swiftly to sub-1000 in new year where I think the correction will end unless we crash...

#25 draggen33

draggen33

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

ES 1093 = SPX 1100 is an important horizontal AND trend support now.

There is only air below this to next horizontal support around 1080 (cash), ideally the gap closes around 1070s.

IF we sell down from here, I expect Dec close around 1050-1060 and then swiftly to sub-1000 in new year where I think the correction will end unless we crash...

THxs for that Mr Arbman , Im always curious on others thoughts , to see if inline with my own !!

#26 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

baught em back 1093.75 50% the other worked in if we take out the low.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#27 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

We should know by the end of the day. Right now we have a broken hourly uptrend. But that in itself is not a sell signal. Broken uptrend can heal itslef by quickly reversing and making new recovery highs. Either way when the next sell signal or continuation buy is triggered i will post here. I am more leaning towards a sell signal. We'll see...

I have been doing some research (both manual and computer based) on price trends and price momentum, using price data over the last few decades. When i started the study, i was of the opinion that momentum controls price. The more i research the more i am of the opinion that price(Price trends) are more important than momentum. Price action creates momentum. Momentum, Volume and other indicators are gauges to measure the trend strength and trend reversal points. That explains why many times high momentum selloffs reverse on a dime in strongly trending markets without necessary divergences. I was using a system which was weighted more with momentum and less with price. While it's a good day trading system for hit and run trading, it misses good trending moves. Now i am in process of weigthing that system with more weight on price trends and less weigth on momentum. The results are interesting and promising. I have changed nothing in my system other than just weighting.

So Mr NAV is it a sell yet , or we wait to see if 1080 breaks , thxs in advance

No it's not a sell yet. I will post when it's triggered.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#28 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

look at that pinch. My point for 2 weeks now has been no one was gonna know which way this thing resolves, cause it kept doing nothing, and wearing people out. Now with further evidence and holiday trade, most seem on the sidelines. They aren't gonna ring a bell at this point:

BB

#29 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

baught em back 1093.75 50% the other worked in if we take out the low.

bought 25% 93.75 dropped back to 30% of every thing 1094.75 not sure here.

#30 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

"They aren't gonna ring a bell at this point" :lol: Like that T