• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

true but gary bought the recent top with a vengeance, going long with margin

Ouch! and what if this is a repeat of the 2008 collapse? likely not as big but even a smaller version could be devastating. Can and should anyone realistically hold through 25-50% drawdowns or more? For Senor the mining stocks are great timing vehicles for multimonth swings, not long term buy and holds. Maybe one can do that in juniors as I am in just two stocks (5% of gold portfolio), but for me not in the bigger cap mining stocks. My dos centavos.

NO BS

Senor

#62 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

Senor BS

I believe you hold the physical for the long term and have had for some time. To me that is THE way to buy and hold. I do have a mutual fund in my IRA TLDX which is a long term hold up and down. That fund also owns about 10 - 15% physical gold. Regards the PM stocks those, IMO, are for trading. Short or long term whatever works for the individual. Of course patience is the key to any trading strategy. You have repeatedly shown us how it is done..........and done oh so well!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Best to you.

true but gary bought the recent top with a vengeance, going long with margin

Ouch! and what if this is a repeat of the 2008 collapse? likely not as big but even a smaller version could be devastating. Can and should anyone realistically hold through 25-50% drawdowns or more? For Senor the mining stocks are great timing vehicles for multimonth swings, not long term buy and holds. Maybe one can do that in juniors as I am in just two stocks (5% of gold portfolio), but for me not in the bigger cap mining stocks. My dos centavos.

NO BS

Senor

Peace
johngeorge

#63 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hmmmmmm, washout day with grande intraday decline and maybe a close norte of the 200 day moving averages? muy interesting day SENOR