"40 Year Cycle as it applies to the coming Depression"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

Terry was pretty good projecting the small T up to Jan 21st and saying it probably wouldn't make it all the way, although we never tagged his upper red envelope.

Jan 8th update:
"A sharp decline can then be expected back to the mid channel number (S&P 1096 and also rising) usually begins a day or so before the small red T's projected peak (Jan 21?) The 5% correction can be bought because other larger Ts are still bullish, but a series of high Arms numbers would need to be seen first."

Now in the bigger picture, I just can't argue with what's coming according to Terry Laundry.

Update for Sunday January 24 2010. This week I summarize my current T Theory project on the 40 Year Cycle as it applies to the coming Depression. Open the PDF Chart below and listen to the two audio files that refer it it.

Chart Download 40YCycleDepressions with first Audio Commentary Download TTO20100124A and second Audio Commentary Download TTO20100124B

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 January 2010 - 12:10 PM.

#2 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

Terry was pretty good projecting the small T up to Jan 21st and saying it probably wouldn't make it all the way, although we never tagged his upper red envelope.

Jan 8th update:
"A sharp decline can then be expected back to the mid channel number (S&P 1096 and also rising) usually begins a day or so before the small red T's projected peak (Jan 21?) The 5% correction can be bought because other larger Ts are still bullish, but a series of high Arms numbers would need to be seen first."

Now in the bigger picture, I just can't argue with what's coming according to Terry Laundry.

Update for Sunday January 24 2010. This week I summarize my current T Theory project on the 40 Year Cycle as it applies to the coming Depression. Open the PDF Chart below and listen to the two audio files that refer it it.

Chart Download 40YCycleDepressions with first Audio Commentary Download TTO20100124A and second Audio Commentary Download TTO20100124B

Roger, thanks for the post, all be it it's not good news for us...on the audio it's breaking up a lot and missed some important points, he talks about bonds, but I may have my wife after this next rebound to get all out of the market and stay in cash...its not goona be pretty for us
Education is the best defense against the media.

#3 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

Actually, the more i think about what's coming is down right depressing....Geez there is gonna be a world of hurt out there:(

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:36 PM

"on the audio it's breaking up a lot and missed some important points
he talks about bonds, but I may have my wife after this next rebound to get all out of the market and stay in cash"

I have no problem with the audio but many do.
I use Mozilla Firefox browser.
You might try to download it first, or select another audio player if possible.

Terry says that right now IS NOT THE TIME to buy high quality bonds as he expects the price to drop into the late August time frame.
(Note that 85 year old Paul Volcker, who leads an outside economic advisory group that formulated the new plan to impose stricter curbs on big banks, was at the president's side last week. As Wall Street friendly Tim Geithner was left alone on the sidelines.) LINK

His theory is that later the FED will be forced to drop interest rates as they see this thing worsening (remember Japan's negative rates?), thus government bonds bought at lower price/higher interest would be a good buy later this year.

He also likes gold bullion later, not as an inflation hedge but as a hiding place for value.

He mentions that some are thinking that a short of China would be a good investment.

He also mentions that he uses his T Theory to guide investing, not short term trading.
He uses shorter term stuff to help ascertain when to impliment the longer term stuff.

In the last 3rd of his 2nd audio, he discusses the "monoculture" of traders all looking at the same charts and indicators trading against themselves while GS trades against them while China trades against us all and opines that his "Best Bond Strategy" is his solution to those problems.

As our good friend James Quillian observed a few years ago:
"Technicians are no longer studying the behavior of an unaware majority. Technicians are unwittingly watching themselves. Because behavior and thought have become so standardized..."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 January 2010 - 01:58 PM.

#5 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

"on the audio it's breaking up a lot and missed some important points
he talks about bonds, but I may have my wife after this next rebound to get all out of the market and stay in cash"

I have no problem with the audio but many do.
I use Mozilla Firefox browser.
You might try to download it first, or select another audio player if possible.

Terry says that right now IS NOT THE TIME to buy high quality bonds as he expects the price to drop into the late August time frame.

His theory is that later the FED will be forced to drop interest rates as they see this thing worsening (remember Japan's negative rates?), thus government bonds bought at lower price/higher interest would be a good buy later this year.

He also likes gold bullion later, not as an inflation hedge but as a hiding place for value.

He mentions that some are thinking that a short of China would be a good investment.

He also mentions that he uses his T Theory to guide investing, not short term trading.
He uses shorter term stuff to help ascertain when to impliment the longer term stuff.

In the last 3rd of his 2nd audio, he discusses the "monoculture" of traders all looking at the same charts and indicators trading against themself whild GS trades against them while China trades against us all and opines that his "Best Bond Strategy" is his solution to those problems.

much appreciated, and I like his take on the "monoculture" it sure is spot on to me. cheers, hey that BOK center is sure doing good:)

#6 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

it sure will be interesting to see how cnbs is during that time frame, I suspect many of the talking heads on TV now will be gone

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

hey that BOK center is sure doing good:)

Opened with the Eagles, Sir Paul, Celien Dion, BB King last year. Eric Clapton with Roger Daltry followed by the Black Eyed Peas coming in March.

Come on up and see it. BOK events

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 24 January 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#8 zman

zman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

Opened with the Eagles, Sir Paul, Celien Dion, BB King last year. Eric Clapton with Roger Daltry followed by the Black Eyed Peas coming in March.

Posted Image

Oh I will for sure, we go to a lot of the Thunder games since my wife's firm has season tickets, I use them quite a bit:) glad to see Oklahoma doing ok so far:)

#9 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

What does "BOK" stand for (I assume OK stands for Oklahoma)?

Edited by milbank, 24 January 2010 - 04:30 PM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#10 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

Also, thanks Roger for the Terry Laundry post. Interesting audios. 2013 has been a number a few longer term analysts have been talking about as a bottom. His 39-42-80 analysis is compelling.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe