• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

The planet-savers are losing the war

despite the disparity of money and media, the alarmists know they are losing.

The planet-savers have millions of dollars available to the climate orthodox from governments, transnational bodies (the UN and the EU, for example), from chairtable foundations and big-dollar environmentalists (Greenpeace, WWF etc), the money available to sceptics is tiny. I mean really, really, really tiny.

And it's not just the money, it's also the media. The climate orthodox have at their disposal most of the world's mass media - from the bastions of climate alarmism at the BBC and the Guardian, to well-funded web sites such as RealClimate, DeSmogBlog and others.

And yet, despite the money and the media, the climate alarmists know they are losing support. Despite everything that they have done to subvert peer review - and the Climategate emails showed us what was going on, more and more papers are being published which cast doubt on the alarmism.

While the disparity of forces puts the financial interests and media support firmly in the alarmist camp, the sceptics have some obvious strengths. The first and most obvious is an eye to detail and meticulous picking apart of data among a sizeable camp of sceptics. They are used to poring over data, of looking behind the obvious and of teasing things out of the most unlikely sources. These skills are highly prized in sceptic circles - just as they used to be prized in scientific circles.

link

Edited by stocks, 21 February 2012 - 07:41 PM.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#12 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Despite everything that they have done to subvert peer review - and the Climategate emails showed us what was going on, more and more papers are being published which cast doubt on the alarmism.

The threat of a spectacular crumble is becoming real.

Global temperatures remaining flat over 15 years, defying model projections.

Not long ago global warming science was considered settled here. So much so that climate protection has long since been institutionalized. Now it’s all starting to look like a very expensive mistake.

http://notrickszone....h-observations/
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#13 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Despite everything that they have done to subvert peer review - and the Climategate emails showed us what was going on, more and more papers are being published which cast doubt on the alarmism.

The threat of a spectacular crumble is becoming real.

Global temperatures remaining flat over 15 years, defying model projections.

Not long ago global warming science was considered settled here. So much so that climate protection has long since been institutionalized. Now it’s all starting to look like a very expensive mistake.

http://notrickszone....h-observations/

Its so funny to see the US citizens with their beliefs in fairies at the bottom of the garden dismissing 98% of climate scientists and trying to insist the 2% are the realists.

It isn't surprising considering how the US education level has retreated to almost 3rd world levels.

#14 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

James Lovelock, Father of "Gaia", Admits He Was Wrong

In 2006, in an article in the U.K.’s Independent newspaper, he wrote that “before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.”

“The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened,” Lovelock said.

In 2007, Time magazine named Lovelock as one of 13 leaders and visionaries in an article on “Heroes of the Environment,” which also included Gore, Mikhail Gorbachev and Robert Redford.

'I made a mistake'
As “an independent and a loner,” he said he did not mind saying “All right, I made a mistake.” He claimed a university or government scientist might fear an admission of a mistake would lead to the loss of funding.

http://worldnews.msn...-climate-change
-- -

#15 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

It is amazing that 98% of climate scientists have formed a conspiracy. I think we should burn them at the stake. The plebians are always correct and the quicker we get rid of experts the better.

#16 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

It is amazing that 98% of climate scientists have formed a conspiracy.

I think we should burn them at the stake.

The plebians are always correct and the quicker we get rid of experts the better.

The world has become toxic when we prefer the views of nutters over distinguished scientists.

We look like emulating the dark ages that religion caused once before.

Yep, its "faith" before evidence.

So so sad!

#17 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

James Lovelock, Father of "Gaia", Admits He Was Wrong
He claimed a university or government scientist might fear an admission of a mistake would lead to the loss of funding.

Next year (2013) we'll see the mad rush for the exits.
The planet-savers will be in panic to salvage their reputations.

-- -

#18 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Steve McIntyre calls IPCC reports drivel for hippies

Recently McIntyre had been examining two IPCC reports: the May 2011 report on renewables (SRREN - Special Report on Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change) by IPCC Working Group 3, and this year's report on climate extremes, SREX, by Working Group 2.

McIntyre said the publication of SRREN had followed the "despicable IPCC practice" of issuing an alarmist press release "that had the opportunity to run around the world" six weeks before issuing the report. The press release claimed that 80 per cent of the world's energy needs could be met by renewable energy by 2050.

It transpired that the 80 per cent figure was based on a Greenpeace study, a Greenpeace activist was lead author of the chapter assessing the Greenpeace study, and no due diligence on this scenario had been performed.

McIntyre examined the SREX dossier and found it largely wanting.

"Much of the report was drivel, probably most of it. The fact there are a few sensible observations aren't enough to repay the effort."

McIntyre typically pulls no punches: he has in the past criticised the integrity of the paleoclimatologist community's temperature reconstructions, revealing on his blog cherry-picked data, upside-down data, and statistical methods that create hockey-stick shapes from red (random) noise.

http://www.theregist...tyre_in_london/
-- -

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

It is amazing that 98% of climate scientists have formed a conspiracy.

1632 BREAKING NEWS: 98% of scientists claim earth is flat!
(Except for those stinking skeptical Germans)
Galileo to be tried for the Heresy of skepticism.
Posted Image
The Crime of Galileo:
Indictment and Abjuration of 1633
Whereas you, Galileo, son of the late Vincenzio Galilei, of Florence, aged seventy years, were denounced in 1615, to this Holy Office, for holding as true a false doctrine taught by many, namely, that the sun is immovable in the center of the world, and that the earth moves, and also with a diurnal motion; also, for having pupils whom you instructed in the same opinions; also, for maintaining a correspondence on the same with some German mathematicians; also for publishing certain letters on the sun-spots, in which you developed the same doctrine as true...

GALILEO'S ABJURATION. (aka: Peer Pressure is HELL!)
... I swear that for the future I will neither say nor assert in speaking or writing such things as may bring upon me similar suspicion; and if I know any heretic, or one suspected of heresy, I will denounce him to this Holy Office, or to the Inquisitor and Ordinary of the place in which I may be.

"OUT DAMNED (SUN) SPOTS!" :lol:

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 August 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#20 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

The Progressive Radio Network interviews Berkeley Physicist Prof Richard Muller

On Climategate – “What they did was, I think, shameful - it was scientific malpractice - if they had done this at Berkeley or Stanford, I think they would have been shamed. The standards held over there at the University of East Anglia are just not up to what we consider standard scientific methods.

Richard Muller: “right after Katrina, 2005, people said “We can now expect a whole bunch of more storms”. In the next year, not a single hurricane hit the U.S.”

When people exaggerate, they try to come up with dramatic examples to convince the public. That’s the wrong way to go. People now feel as if they’ve been misled.”

Richard Muller: “The NOAA announced that this is the warmest year on record for the United States – that immediately surprised me because I’ve been looking at the world record, and I’d seen that the temperature had actually gone down, compared to the last five years.

So I looked it up, and sure enough, the 2% of the world that happens to be the United States is a record warm, the 98% of the world, the rest of it, was actually cool.

To call that “global warming” – and the globe isn’t warming - is just an attempt to grab headlines .. to get the public interested in this important issue.”

Vice President Al Gore had so many exaggerations in his movie, that I think there’s a backlash now.

http://wattsupwithth...ic-malpractice/
-- -