INDEXTRADER - What Is Your Call?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#11 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:59 PM

zoropb - That was pretty amazing. I was so tempted to pull the trigger... man. I've gotta stick to my discipline. It's not an easy thing for freethinkers like me. Kirk (cycletimer) emailed me and told me he got in, took a shower, and, by the time he stepped out of the shower, he had already net a handful of cash just like that. I'll have to go over my closing data later tonight but Monday may be the real deal...

#12 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Since you're pretty good at shooting from the dark, some of us would like to bring you out to the open.

Please tell me:

1. What is your current position?
2. When did you go long or short?
3. If you had no position at all, what is your entry target and time frame?

Thanks.

Here's a link to the "rude" post you're referring to:

http://www.traders-t...mp;#entry512511

When I read the post initially it looked to me like you were poking at the bulls. After re-reading your post, I still think that's what you were doing. For you to categorize your post as anything else I think would be incorrect. My only comment was that why don't you simply defer the celebration until you're profitable on your signal. My post is not criticizing your signal, or bears in general. But let's face it, since your signal the market has continued up...today was the first down day. It may turn out that your signal was timely, time will tell. I'm a futures trader though, and a signal of that type would not have worked for me personally.

Now, since you seem to be calling me out, let me just say that I trade multiple times every day. Today for instance, I made 3 days. Some days though I make more than that. As of the close I was flat, as I am on many days. I've been trading the index futures now since 1982. I trade them actively. There was a time when I posted alot of trades here. I don't do much of that anymore because it takes up too much time. Long before you showed up we had many disputes over how trades should be posted, etc etc. The gist of it is that they should be posted timely, and in my opinion, in a fashion that would allow a reader of the board to duplicate the trade, or come close. That isn't possible for me right now.

I think my posts have made it more than clear that I have been bullish for a good portion of the move up over the last year, to include some just recently. I'm still bullish. But, on a majority of days I trade both sides of the market because I'm an active trader.

IT

#13 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

zoropb - That was pretty amazing. I was so tempted to pull the trigger... man. I've gotta stick to my discipline. It's not an easy thing for freethinkers like me. Kirk (cycletimer) emailed me and told me he got in, took a shower, and, by the time he stepped out of the shower, he had already net a handful of cash just like that.

I'll have to go over my closing data later tonight but Monday may be the real deal...

Yep you got to stick to what works for you TM no doubt. After years of this I still find it pretty cool how many different ways there are to make money using different methods and how few ways to lose lots of money but the later tends to win out for most people trying to become a professional at this. :lol:

I saw it but had a nice day and a tad 5.5 points better than my avg week already and being Friday I said nah! :D

CT see it pays to be keep clean! :lol:

best case scenario for the bear case is at least 8+ TD's days from a top that will come back to at least test what ever low we print here today or begging of next week. The momo has been just killer but boy does it get happy camper quickly when we take out a high but at the same time we drop 15 points and you think were on are way to 600 too. Going to get mighty crazy in the next 4 weeks. Love it. :D

Edited by zoropb, 19 March 2010 - 05:24 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#14 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

When I read the post initially it looked to me like you were poking at the bulls. After re-reading your post, I still think that's what you were doing. For you to categorize your post as anything else I think would be incorrect. My only comment was that why don't you simply defer the celebration until you're profitable on your signal. My post is not criticizing your signal, or bears in general. But let's face it, since your signal the market has continued up...today was the first down day. It may turn out that your signal was timely, time will tell. I'm a futures trader though, and a signal of that type would not have worked for me personally.

INDEXTRADER - And, that's where the problem was... If you had read my trade threads in the past, you'd know that I have NEVER celebrated any of my trades. I posted them when it happened, and I posted again when I closed them with detailed gains or losses. The only celebration I've ever done were for OTHER traders. Since you've been following every post I've made, you should know that. It seems that you're the one with the problem of differentiating facts from the figment of your imagination and prejudice against me.

As to your trades, let's forget about the number of trades that you've claimed you've done everyday. Why don't we do this? Let's just pick one position of yours and post it here for discussion as it happens. I know you can make an effort to do this in real time.

Edited by TechMan, 19 March 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#15 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

INDEXTRADER - And, that's where the problem was... If you had read my trade threads in the past, you'd know that I have NEVER celebrated any of my trades. I posted them when it happened, and I posted again when I closed them with detailed gains or losses. The only celebration I've ever done were for OTHER traders. Since you've been following every post I've made, you should know that. It seems that you're the one with the problem of differentiating facts from the figment of your imagination and prejudice against me.

As to your trades, let's forget about the number of trades that you've claimed you've done everyday. Why don't we do this? Let's just pick one position of yours and posted here for discussion. Tell us when and how you entered this ONE position, that's all.

Well of course you think the problem here has to do with me. :lol: I got that.

As for my trades, go back in the archives if you would like to see trades. I've been posting them here for years, since 2001 I believe, before this current board even started. There has to be hundreds of trades there, maybe more. There's also charts posted, forecasts, etc etc. All you gotta do is read.

Now, I'm taking my wife out to dinner, so I'm done with this thread.

IT

#16 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

As to your trades, let's forget about the number of trades that you've claimed you've done everyday. Why don't we do this? Let's just pick one position of yours and posted here for discussion. Tell us when and how you entered this ONE position, that's all.

Well of course you think the problem here has to do with me. :lol: I got that.

As for my trades, go back in the archives if you would like to see trades. I've been posting them here for years, since 2001 I believe, before this current board even started. There has to be hundreds of trades there, maybe more. There's also charts posted, forecasts, etc etc. All you gotta do is read.

Now, I'm taking my wife out to dinner, so I'm done with this thread.

IT

It's not what I "think", it's the fact, INDEXTRADER. Why would I celebrate anything now when I've never celebrated or bragged about any of my trades in the past? You should know that fact better than anyone else since you've been following every step I've made. And, if it's not factual, it's perceptual. And, when you have the perception that's not based on facts, it's personal and prejudicial.

I'd really appreciate it if we could just look at your new trades rather than having to go back a decade. So, why don't we do this. Make an effort just to show what a great trader you are by posting some real time trades for the benefit of the board?

#17 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

TM ...IT is a good trader seen many of them long ago before I took a break from TT and he has been here to long not to be. :D He just likes to see what your made of and as he ages is slowly becoming a bit of a pain in the {bleeeep}. :lol: but he is ok.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#18 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

TM ...IT is a good trader seen many of them long ago before I took a break from TT and he has been here to long not to be. :D

He just likes to see what your made of and as he ages is slowly becoming a bit of a pain in the {bleeeep}. :lol: but he is ok.

Thanks, zoropb, but I don't think he's O.K.

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, the third time is enemy action. He had done this to me too many times. I know who are the enemies and who are the friends here.

#19 Mtrader

Mtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

This is great. Every market turn, we have a big discussion. This is the level of frustration I am looking for. This got to be a very nice top.
You are on your own. This is for demonstration only.
JV

#20 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

This is great. Every market turn, we have a big discussion. This is the level of frustration I am looking for. This got to be a very nice top.

Ain't that the truth?!

Come to think of it, the last time my comment got INDEXTRADER all agitated was right at the time the market's ready for the 2nd leg up, I think.