gold in a pennant

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

waiting for gold to break out of the pennant support 1108,1093 resistance 1123,1138,1153 next week should provide some mojo ng the commodity retraced .618 is oversold w/daily divergences ung- made new lows, while the underlying did not. it is oversold w/divergences seasonally ng is @the end of its season dharma

#2 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

Yes sir. Another possible pattern is that we may be forming the right shoulder of a reverse H&S continuation pattern w/ neckline around 1130s? Regardless, I'm betting this pattern resolves itself to the upside.

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

Yes sir. Another possible pattern is that we may be forming the right shoulder of a reverse H&S continuation pattern w/ neckline around 1130s?
Regardless, I'm betting this pattern resolves itself to the upside.

yes and deed!
dharma

#4 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Yes sir. Another possible pattern is that we may be forming the right shoulder of a reverse H&S continuation pattern w/ neckline around 1130s?
Regardless, I'm betting this pattern resolves itself to the upside.

yes and deed!
dharma

Posted Image

#5 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Gold hourly w/ support levels....

Posted Image

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

I would not be surprised if gold rallies to 1150, but IMO Dow and many markets will top in April and then retrace the entire rallies from 2008/2009 into summer in another severe deflation scare. Senor thinks gold will hold up better than most but gold stocks will get hit muy hard down to maybe XAU 115 or lower, maybe gold goes south to 950. I think Dow will decline to 9000-9500. Just my opinion right now and it could easily change, but many markets I follow are saying the same things, FWIW. Pure BS Senor

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

Sounds about right senor: hard to imagine them disconnecting here, but IMO cant be fully discounted lihir got taken out today

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

I would not be surprised if gold rallies to 1150, but IMO Dow and many markets will top in April and then retrace the entire rallies from 2008/2009 into summer in another severe deflation scare. Senor thinks gold will hold up better than most but gold stocks will get hit muy hard down to maybe XAU 115 or lower, maybe gold goes south to 950. I think Dow will decline to 9000-9500. Just my opinion right now and it could easily change, but many markets I follow are saying the same things, FWIW.

Pure BS

Senor

bull markets climb a wall of worry! i am looking for new highs and then in the may/june period a top, i agree w/you and 2of 3.
dharma

#9 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

I would not be surprised if gold rallies to 1150, but IMO Dow and many markets will top in April and then retrace the entire rallies from 2008/2009 into summer in another severe deflation scare. Senor thinks gold will hold up better than most but gold stocks will get hit muy hard down to maybe XAU 115 or lower, maybe gold goes south to 950. I think Dow will decline to 9000-9500. Just my opinion right now and it could easily change, but many markets I follow are saying the same things, FWIW.

Pure BS

Senor

bull markets climb a wall of worry! i am looking for new highs and then in the may/june period a top, i agree w/you and 2of 3.
dharma

I think we top in April and I do not think gold will rally to new highs, in fact the way it's lagging I wonder if it will be able to get norte of 1145.

BSing away

Senor

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

sell in may and go away(t landry may be onto something)
looks like the broad market bears are being used for fodder!
sold mindoro for a little more than a double.
i have built a big position in wesdome, and am toying w/the idea of adding more
i like this concept in the miners, its a little less risky and rgld has a successful model
the project generator, i may have posted this last year, but i revisisted it recently and did some buying
http://altiusmineral...0generators.pdf
dharma
jig-what do you think of this concept!?
gprxf , is a stock i just added, they have 1million in revenues!

Edited by dharma, 01 April 2010 - 11:09 AM.