Separating Facts From Fiction

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

markets can be traded long or short, in different time-frames.

:D .......Now that is a post that makes sense!

big difference when we add time frame to our post.

if you bought in 1994 your in a bull market
......................in the past 12 years over 1250 SPX your in a bear market
......................since Feb your in a bull
......................today around 1.20 your in a bear
......................today at 3 your in a bull

Your making money in all of these as long as your on the correct side when you entered it.

Shhh! Zoropb and dTraderB. You're giving away the trader's secret. ;)

Man, milbank, am I glad to see your post again!!!

Hope all's well.

I'm fine. I took a holiday with the Trophy Wife.

:D

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#22 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Many shorts have made more than 3.8% ..... markets can be traded long or short, in different time-frames.

not in the last month...your full of BS

no bear on this board can claim they have made the 120 nq points that i have made being long since feb 23

Take it easy there, big guy. dTraderB was correct about different time frame. That's one of the tools we've often used to advance our arguments.

Would you mind showing me how you had accumulated this 120 points? Links will be greatly appreciate. I went on record to go long on February 8, and I went on record to sell my long positions on March 15, during which time the NDX had gained 185 points.

Thanx.

l

YOU GO BACK AND READ THEM...I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD SINCE 2003....THE BEST GUYS ON THIS BOARD WILL ADVOCATE THAT I POST MY POSITIONS WITH ZERO DUPLCITY...PIKER

YOU COME ON THIS BOARD LIKE A SNAKE OIL SALESMAN WITH A 100% BATTING AVERAGE BACK TESTED 6 MONTHS...YOUR A CHARLATAN AND THE BOARD KNOWS IT

So, now we're getting into personal attack now???

That's not very nice.

we just went through this the other day...index trader came to my defense....get off you phat keister and look up my post....i wont play wet nurse to you

ok Marv!

But that was a separate issue about your short NDX position initiated at 1963. It was an honest mistake on my part due primarily by you giving me the wrong date of your trade. I did apologize for that honest mistake.

This is about the 120 NDX points from February 23, per your claim. Anybody asked me for my trades, I'd be more than happy to look them up for them.

So, please set the personal attack aside and discuss the issues alone.

Thank you.

look at my feb 23 post where i said i was crazy for being long at 1790
and my march 5 and 8th posts selling the position for 60 and 98 points...i refuse to look up the last posts i made for 20 points which were base hits...

See, I know we can have a civil discussion without name calling and personal attack.

I'm not selling anything here, so I'm not sure why you're calling me all those names. I actually have no interests in dealing with subscribers or anything like that. And I had stated that to those who had sent me email inquiries. Why would I bother with that when it's more fun, free, and proftiable trading?

Alright, nuff of that unpleasant stuff. I'll look them up later when I have more time. It's always good to learn how other poeple trade. No one's perfect; we've all made our mistakes and bad calls. I've never been critical of anyone making bad calls or bad trades. If anything, I'd see what I could do to make them feel better.

Have a nice evening, alright?

#23 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners. No amount of rationalization will change that fact. That aside, trading is a deep personal endeavour towards certain monetary goals, not a competition with some virtual characters on message boards. All these polarization on message boards is pretty silly and is only a reflection of confirmation bias. As for Atlasshrugged, i have seen umpteen real-time trades from him over the years and his credibility has never been in question. Bullish or bearish, he has always been unequivocal about the direction he plays.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#24 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

"It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners." And traders can easily have done better than both, as usual.

#25 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

"It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners."

And traders can easily have done better than both, as usual.

Shhhhh!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#26 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners. No amount of rationalization will change that fact. That aside, trading is a deep personal endeavour towards certain monetary goals, not a competition with some virtual characters on message boards. All these polarization on message boards is pretty silly and is only a reflection of confirmation bias. As for Atlasshrugged, i have seen umpteen real-time trades from him over the years and his credibility has never been in question. Bullish or bearish, he has always been unequivocal about the direction he plays.

First of all, NAV, no one’s questioning his credibility. I’ve re-read the thread again, and I’ve found no such thing, unless asking question in your opinion is questioning credibility.

Second, is this a personal issue calling me silly about my posts? I could come up with quite a few of your silly posts in the past. Did I say something about you lately? In fact, I don’t even read any of your posts unless they happened to be in the threads that I was reading. Why getting personal with me?

Edited by TechMan, 07 April 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#27 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

"It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners."

That is not true Spookyone, in a strongly trending market as this one. When you have a 10 point pullback followed by 20-30 point rallies, it's almost impossible to make money on the short side, unless one is some sort of genius to catch the perfect top on first attempt and close at the exact bottom. It's almost a fantasy !. OTOH, even a bad entry would have given you a profit on the long side, thanks to the power of the trend. Trading both ways works in volatile markets or range bound markets, not in a persistent one-way market like the last few weeks. So the bullish traders made money would be a more accurate statement.

#28 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

First of all, NAV, no one’s questioning his credibility. I’ve re-read the thread again, and I’ve found no such thing, unless asking question in your opinion is questioning credibility.

Second, is this a personal issue calling me silly about my posts? I could come up with quite a few of your silly posts in the past. Did I say something about you lately? In fact, I don’t even read any of your posts unless they happened to be in the threads that I was reading. Why getting personal with me?

Techman,

Easy buddy. I said all these competitive atttitude on message boards is silly. You seem to suffer from some sort of persecution complex, taking every comment on a message board as personal attack. Grow up man !

#29 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

That is not true Spookyone, in a strongly trending market as this one. When you have a 10 point pullback followed by 20-30 point rallies, it's almost impossible to make money on the short side, unless one is some sort of genius to catch the perfect top on first attempt and close at the exact bottom. It's almost a fantasy !. OTOH, even a bad entry would have given you a profit on the long side, thanks to the power of the trend. Trading both ways works in volatile markets or range bound markets, not in a persistent one-way market like the last few weeks. So the bullish traders made money would be a more accurate statement.

Exactly. I agree.

IT

#30 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

:D

Mil is right :lol: I won't bother anymore.

You can't time the market Spooky r u crazy or something. :P

*I have a confession I went long twice today. At the low missed by 3 ticks dumped for 2 and 20 mins ago for a small one and dumped them. I could not help myself but shhhh.

Edited by zoropb, 07 April 2010 - 09:55 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.