Separating Facts From Fiction

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners. No amount of rationalization will change that fact. That aside, trading is a deep personal endeavour towards certain monetary goals, not a competition with some virtual characters on message boards. All these polarization on message boards is pretty silly and is only a reflection of confirmation bias. As for Atlasshrugged, i have seen umpteen real-time trades from him over the years and his credibility has never been in question. Bullish or bearish, he has always been unequivocal about the direction he plays.

First of all, NAV, no one’s questioning his credibility. I’ve re-read the thread again, and I’ve found no such thing, unless asking question in your opinion is questioning credibility.

Second, is this a personal issue calling me silly about my posts? I could come up with quite a few of your silly posts in the past. Did I say something about you lately? In fact, I don’t even read any of your posts unless they happened to be in the threads that I was reading. Why getting personal with me?

Techman,

Easy buddy. I said all these competitive atttitude on message boards is silly. You seem to suffer from some sort of persecution complex, taking every comment on a message board as personal attack. Grow up man !

Well, only because you had commented on something that's not factual. And, if it's not factual, it's conceptual. So, what else would I have taken it?

I could come up with a ton of real silly posts here, and I've not seen you criticizing any of them.

You gorw up, son.

#32 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

"It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners."

And traders can easily have done better than both, as usual.

That is not true Spookyone, in a strongly trending market as this one. When you have a 10 point pullback followed by 20-30 point rallies, it's almost impossible to make money on the short side, unless one is some sort of genius to catch the perfect top on first attempt and close at the exact bottom. It's almost a fantasy !. OTOH, even a bad entry would have given you a profit on the long side, thanks to the power of the trend. Trading both ways works in volatile markets or range bound markets, not in a persistent one-way market like the last few weeks. So the bullish traders made money would be a more accurate statement.

yes..thank you...there is NO WAY you could have beaten the bulls who sat long the past month...your entries and exist would have to have been PERfect

there is basically five guys on this board that are the closest thing to perfect that could have beaten the bulls of which NAV is one them not to be obsiquious but even he would have been breaking his discipline by trading against such a strong trend....and he is rock solid on discipline...

no solid, experienced, weather tested, PROVEN trader would have been in there trading for crumbs or Bunts when such a juicy steak has been on his plate..

#33 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners. No amount of rationalization will change that fact. That aside, trading is a deep personal endeavour towards certain monetary goals, not a competition with some virtual characters on message boards. All these polarization on message boards is pretty silly and is only a reflection of confirmation bias. As for Atlasshrugged, i have seen umpteen real-time trades from him over the years and his credibility has never been in question. Bullish or bearish, he has always been unequivocal about the direction he plays.

First of all, NAV, no one’s questioning his credibility. I’ve re-read the thread again, and I’ve found no such thing, unless asking question in your opinion is questioning credibility.

Second, is this a personal issue calling me silly about my posts? I could come up with quite a few of your silly posts in the past. Did I say something about you lately? In fact, I don’t even read any of your posts unless they happened to be in the threads that I was reading. Why getting personal with me?

Techman,

Easy buddy. I said all these competitive atttitude on message boards is silly. You seem to suffer from some sort of persecution complex, taking every comment on a message board as personal attack. Grow up man !

Well, only because you had commented on something that's not factual. And, if it's not factual, it's conceptual. So, what else would I have taken it?

I could come up with a ton of real silly posts here, and I've not seen you criticizing any of them.

You gorw up, son.

There was a guy called Moneyfriend on this board. He thought he was a gift to mankind and he voted himself out of this board, citing persecution from TT members and TT members not worthy of his TA skills. He moved over to da_cheif's site played the same emotional drama and kicked himself out of that site too. Let me tell ya. You seem to going in the same direction. You seem to be so sensitive about every friggin comment on a message board and possess a convoluted mindset to spin everything into a personal attack. Seriously, think for a second. Why would anyone have any personal vendetta about some virtual character called Techman on a message board ? A healthy debate involves disagreements. TT is not a sychophant club.

Edited by NAV, 07 April 2010 - 10:10 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#34 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

"It's clear as crystal. Bears have been losers over the past few weeks and bulls have been the winners."

That is not true Spookyone, in a strongly trending market as this one. When you have a 10 point pullback followed by 20-30 point rallies, it's almost impossible to make money on the short side, unless one is some sort of genius to catch the perfect top on first attempt and close at the exact bottom. It's almost a fantasy !. OTOH, even a bad entry would have given you a profit on the long side, thanks to the power of the trend. Trading both ways works in volatile markets or range bound markets, not in a persistent one-way market like the last few weeks. So the bullish traders made money would be a more accurate statement.

Of course it's true, been proving it for years-the only thing that matters is time frame. I'm an ES daytrader. Certainly, there have not been enough gap ups or down of size to out balance the value of taking the many more points available on most given days by trading both directions. It;s fun to pontificate about bull and bear-but I see no value in my daytrading to have a bias to either. These 20-30 point rallies you speak of are obviously not occuring in 1 day spans-on the other hand, there are many days you can trade 10-12 points out of using very simple tools. I have no need or desire to call tops or bottoms-outside of pontificating for fun, got over it years ago. How about trading against the BEST entry? From the last low on Feb 5th, in this strongly trending market-I need only cut out 4 ES points a day to have a better return than someone that bought the exact bottom-and sold the exact top=while I have had to do neither. I'm sure what you say is true in a bigger time frame sense-but why should I trade bigger time frames-and make less money? I sleep like a baby being flat every night, an added bonus, lol.

#35 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

Techman,

You gorw up, son.

There was a guy called Moneyfriend on this board. He thought he was a gift to mankind and he voted himself out of this board, citing persecution from TT members and TT members not worthy of his TA skills. He moved over to da_cheif's site played the same emotional drama and kicked himself out of that site too. Let me tell ya. You seem to going in the same direction. You seem to be so sensitive about every friggin comment on a message board and possess a convoluted mindset to spin everything into a personal attack. Seriously, think for a second. Why would anyone have any personal vendetta about some virtual character called Techman on a message board ? A healthy debate involves disagreements. TT is not a sychophant club.

Again, stay focus with me here, NAV. Rembmer this thread's "Separating Facts from Fiction".

Why would you have commented on something that’s not even referenced in this thread? I’ve seen no one questioning anyone’s credibility.

Now, more importantly, you don’t know me, and I don’t know you. And, you’re comparing me to someone that you may or may not know in person. Is this factual or conceptual? You know what discrimination is, right?

It’s absolutely not true that I “seem to be so sensitive about every friggin comment on a message board and possess a convoluted mindset to spin everything into a personal attack”. This thread’s an excellent example. Did I get personal with atlasshrugged? Absolutely not. Therefore, once again, what you’re saying is not true. And, I’m sure you’ve seen me in heated debates with quite a few members here. I’ve not recalled getting personal with them except for 2 posters, and now you.

So, tell me, when you’re saying all these things about me that’s not true, what else would I have taken it?

Edited by TechMan, 07 April 2010 - 10:22 PM.

#36 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Of course it's true, been proving it for years-the only thing that matters is time frame. I'm an ES daytrader. Certainly, there have not been enough gap ups or down of size to out balance the value of taking the many more points available on most given days by trading both directions. It;s fun to pontificate about bull and bear-but I see no value in my daytrading to have a bias to either. These 20-30 point rallies you speak of are obviously not occuring in 1 day spans-on the other hand, there are many days you can trade 10-12 points out of using very simple tools. I have no need or desire to call tops or bottoms-outside of pontificating for fun, got over it years ago. How about trading against the BEST entry? From the last low on Feb 5th, in this strongly trending market-I need only cut out 4 ES points a day to have a better return than someone that bought the exact bottom-and sold the exact top=while I have had to do neither. I'm sure what you say is true in a bigger time frame sense-but why should I trade bigger time frames-and make less money? I sleep like a baby being flat every night, an added bonus, lol.

Spooky,

Yes, my arguments were regarding trades with overnight positions, not about intraday scalping. I do both forms of trading.

#37 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Techman,

You gorw up, son.

Again, stay focus with me here, NAV.

Why would you have commented on something that’s not even referenced in this thread? I’ve seen no one questioning anyone’s credibility.

Now, more importantly, you don’t know me, and I don’t know you. And, you’re comparing me to someone that you may or may not know in person. Is this factual or conceptual? You know what discrimination is, right?

It’s absolutely not true that I “seem to be so sensitive about every friggin comment on a message board and possess a convoluted mindset to spin everything into a personal attack”. This thread’s an excellent example. Did I get personal with atlasshrugged? Absolutely not. Therefore, once again, what you’re saying is not true. And, I’m sure you’ve seen me in heated debates with quite a few members here. I’ve not recalled getting personal with them except for 2 posters, and now you.

So, tell me, when you’re saying all these things about me that’s not true, what else would I have taken it?

You have a habit of escalating every small comment into a personal attack. Go back, read your threads and do some introspection. Look, this is a just a virtual world. There's a real world out there. Stop this drama. Will ya ?

Edited by NAV, 07 April 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#38 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

Techman,

You gorw up, son.

Again, stay focus with me here, NAV. Rembmer this thread's "Separating Facts from Fiction".

Techman:

What you need to do is go back and read Nav's first comment. By my reading he says nothing "personal" about you. Yet that is definitely how you took it. Frankly I think Nav nailed it when he refers to your seeming "persecution complex". This is not the first time you illustrated it. You know, you've been here about 4 months. Nav has been posting here for years, as long as I have. I don't recall right now that Nav has had any particular difficulties with anyone up to now. Something for you to think about.

#39 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

Techman,

You gorw up, son.

Again, stay focus with me here, NAV.

You have a habit of escalating every small comment into a personal attack. Go back, read your threads and do some introspection. Look, this is a just a virtual world. There's a real world out there. Stop this drama. Will ya ?

You’ve started it, not I.

All that I’m asking you is this... When you’re saying all these things about me that’s not true, what else would I have taken it? I’ve not gotten into anything with any other member other than 2 and now with you. Why would you keep saying that I’m “so sensitive about every friggin comment on a message board and possess a convoluted mindset to spin everything into a personal attack”, not to mention I didn’t even start the fight in the first place. To make it worse, you don’t even know the slightest thing about me, yet you’re comparing me to someone you may not even know in person.

I’m staying with just the facts. No drama.

#40 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

After a lull, all this hyper posting could be another indication of a CIT.