Ring the Bell here 4 the TOP

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Agreed Mr Dev. I've got an SPX top within a week in the 1225 area plus or minus a couple. A serious correction should ensue. To be a bit more specific-I think we see, ES wise-1084 followed by 1215,1200,1225-then down we go. (Just some numeric voodoo I practice ;) ).

spooky, you mean 1184 right? Because if it goes to 1084, I don't think we'll see 1200+ again. Especially since you said "within a week".

Yes. I meant 1184=may only see 1186 both ES. It was a typo on my part. I think we get a 30 point pop out out of there pretty fast-well worth trading.

#22 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

This is not THE TOP? I am expecting (and placing $ bets) that we sell-off for 2 days this week but I will be reversing and going maximum long on this forthcoming pullback.... Like Arbman and many others here, I am still expecting 1220-1230.... this will only be a pullback.... hopefully for 3% but the bears are lucky if we get even that much.... more like 1.5 - 2% only... probably into Wednesday.... small chance low of week is Friday (OPEX)...

Carefully Krik with so much divergence on NDX, which I am short and have not pulled my short on ES, I am still short on Nikkei currently 400 points profit, do whatever the spikes you want my rpofits have more than made up for the lost and it on it's way down.

CYCLES-- every quartly report has been sold down in this rally expection being april 2009.

What profits are making up for your losses??? You're down almost 100 points on the SP futures, considering the fact that you would have had to roll the March into June and took a discount when you did it. Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

IT

IT, Read my post I went long on nikkei at 10,500 to 11,330 with 20x leverage.... so it 100 point down on spx is no big deal. Post on march 1st I said I went short on s and P but will be going long on nikkei on march 15th, as it the year end cycles.

Went short on nikkei on 1 April posted here after I sold the long at 11330 post on techman's post. Covered 200 points less. Posted TWICE. have not covered

Also went Long YEN short USD. POSTED again on Techman post still holding it.

My short post in Januray on Nasdaq yielded 127 point of profit.

Went short at 1111-1105 on spx thrice in Feb, covered at 1090. Average of 15 points profits all posted here.

Went short on SP at 1150 in Jan covered a few times and finally at 1111 as I had too many short options at 1111(covered at some at 1050 plus added hedge longs at 1050 Closed long hedge at 1111-1105 Closed finally short all at 1090 from JAN). Posted in Nov and Dec.

Went long USD short euro in nov and dec also posted here. Posted my covered position with 700% profit from 100X leverage

I rolled over the contract Paid the difference. I don't see how I have losses from my JAN/Nov/dec shorts its all in total worth 200 points including all the long hedge so if your talking about 70 points here. It not a worry to me. Unless my 200 points are wiped out

CURRENT POSITIONS:

1. Short Euro/long USD(posted yesterday)
2. Short USD/long YEN
3.Short SPX at 1115
4. Short Nikkei 11355
5. Short on Nasdaq at 1985(Most posted on friday)

POST YOUR TRADE IT, Just as what TM says... show it.

IT your're living in fairy land. Which trader trades only one contract. SETTLE your stuffs with TM first.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#23 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

This is not THE TOP? I am expecting (and placing $ bets) that we sell-off for 2 days this week but I will be reversing and going maximum long on this forthcoming pullback.... Like Arbman and many others here, I am still expecting 1220-1230.... this will only be a pullback.... hopefully for 3% but the bears are lucky if we get even that much.... more like 1.5 - 2% only... probably into Wednesday.... small chance low of week is Friday (OPEX)...

Carefully Krik with so much divergence on NDX, which I am short and have not pulled my short on ES, I am still short on Nikkei currently 400 points profit, do whatever the spikes you want my rpofits have more than made up for the lost and it on it's way down.

CYCLES-- every quartly report has been sold down in this rally expection being april 2009.

What profits are making up for your losses??? You're down almost 100 points on the SP futures, considering the fact that you would have had to roll the March into June and took a discount when you did it. Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

IT

IT, Read my post I went long on nikkei at 10,500 to 11,330 with 20x leverage.... so it 100 point down on spx is no big deal. Post on march 1st I said I went short on s and P but will be going long on nikkei on march 15th, as it the year end cycles.

Went short on nikkei on 1 April posted here after I sold the long at 11330 post on techman's post. Covered 200 points less. Posted TWICE. have not covered

Went short at 1111-1105 on spx thrice in Feb, covered at 1090. Average of 15 points profits all posted here.

Went short on SP at 1150 in Jan covered a few times and finally at 1111 as I had too many short options at 1111(covered at some at 1050 plus added hedge longs at 1050 Closed long hedge at 1111-1105 Closed finally short all at 1090 from JAN). Posted in Nov and Dec.

Went long USD short euro in nov and dec also posted here. Posted my covered position with 700% profit from 100X leverage

I rolled over the contract Paid the difference. I don't see how I have losses from my JAN/Nov/dec shorts its all in total worth 200 points including all the long hedge so if your talking about 70 points here. It not a worry to me. Unless my 200 points are wiped out

CURRENT POSITIONS:

2. Short USD/long YEN
3.Short SPX at 1115
4. Short Nikkei 11355

IT your're living in fairy land. Which trader trades only one contract. SETTLE your stuffs with TM first.

You want to attack me Porsche feel free. All I'm doing is pointing out what is obvious...you're down nearly 100 on the SP futures. You want to claim you made a dozen other trades that made up for it...hey, feel free. But that's why trades posted here should in reality have a stop posted with them...cause otherwise some folks will post trades and simply never get out, hoping that eventually prices will revert to the mean. We've seen it all here before, long before you got here. I'm not going to try to go back and piece together everyone of these trades you've made...it's all fantasy in my opinion. The bottom line is that you're down almost 100 handles, and chances are huge you had no money left to make all these other trades. My opinion. I'm guessing you either never made the trades, or got stopped out or closed out by your broker at some point.

IT

Edited by IndexTrader, 12 April 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#24 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

IT

CURRENT POSITIONS:

2. Short USD/long YEN
3.Short SPX at 1115
4. Short Nikkei 11355

You want to attack me Porsche feel free. All I'm doing is pointing out what is obvious...you're down nearly 100 on the SP futures. You want to claim you made a dozen other trades that made up for it...hey, feel free. But that's why trades posted here should in reality have a stop posted with them...cause otherwise some folks will post trades and simply never get out, hoping that eventually prices will revert to the mean. We've seen it all here before, long before you got here. I'm not going to try to go back and piece together everyone of these trades you've made...it's all fantasy in my opinion. The bottom line is that you're down almost 100 handles, and chances are huge you had no money left to make all these other trades. My opinion. I'm guessing you either never made the trades, or got stopped out or closed out by your broker at some point.

IT

I am not attacking you but I dont see what I am sure you have read even livermore was dont by millions on on trade up but up by millions on another, I am running a hedge funds.

Do any hedge fund run all their money in one contract? They will break up US, Asia, forex, gold, oil etc, US can be 100% short means US fund 100% short but Asia cn be long. If you read I am always bullish on Asia bearish on US.

You can keep you obviously dubious opions to yourself. Maybe you stop posting after your screwed yourself up.

I have stops for a forex trade because it 100x leverage any wrong movement will wipe out move than your capital. Its down by 70.

I will close out my spx trade on the next correction. which should land me at break even or a small profit.
The market catches almost everyone on the wrong side. We always seem to get fake break out before that huge dump or the hugh dump before the false break down! Trade Safe!

#25 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

CURRENT POSITIONS:

2. Short USD/long YEN
3.Short SPX at 1115
4. Short Nikkei 11355

P - not attacking here. What kind of margin do you put up with 100x leverage? What's the percentage of capital outlay to top up margin for a 100 pips loss?

Thanks.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#26 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:09 AM

CURRENT POSITIONS:

2. Short USD/long YEN
3.Short SPX at 1115
4. Short Nikkei 11355

P - not attacking here. What kind of margin do you put up with 100x leverage? What's the percentage of capital outlay to top up margin for a 100 pips loss?

Thanks.

NO WAY YOU can top up you won't be able to afford it... you must cut the lost, you need stops for currency play. NO overnight trades any gap up or down against you position = total lost speak to any forex companies.

For example: CME $/ Yen each contract is USD$3780
100 pips is a very very large lost, forget 100 pips by 20 pips you must stop out your trade.

Call manfinancial help desk: 63478333 They will give you an explain of the different pips/ per contract.

If you want to set up an institional account with them let me know I can assist to get very good rates per contract.

Because with institional account you can long and short the same contract to protect your losses.

#27 punter

punter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

NO WAY YOU can top up you won't be able to afford it... you must cut the lost, you need stops for currency play. NO overnight trades any gap up or down against you position = total lost speak to any forex companies.

100 pips is a very very large lost, forget 100 pips by 20 pips you must stop out your trade.

Call manfinancial help desk: 63478333 They will give you an explain of the different pips/ per contract.

If you want to set up an institional account with them let me know I can assist to get very good rates per contract.

Because with institional account you can long and short the same contract to protect your losses.

Thanks but not for now. I trade using only 1 instrument and will only go long or short but not both. If I am wrong, I cut losses - no hedging for me. I find this method of trading more suitable for me.

Keep Calm and be Long

My opinion on markets, or anything, is a health hazard. Follow or fade at your own risk!

#28 porsche911sg

porsche911sg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:46 AM

Thanks but not for now. I trade using only 1 instrument and will only go long or short but not both. If I am wrong, I cut losses - no hedging for me. I find this method of trading more suitable for me.

You have to run a few trades if you want to make big money. You have to let it run you cant buy and sell in hours hardly any money made.

Even if you dont hedge running on one trade is doom to fail.

#29 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

Porsche wont have to change his handle to VW quite yet:

http://www.reuters.c...E6371XE20100408
best,
klh

#30 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

Agreed Mr Dev. I've got an SPX top within a week in the 1225 area plus or minus a couple. A serious correction should ensue. To be a bit more specific-I think we see, ES wise-1084 followed by 1215,1200,1225-then down we go. (Just some numeric voodoo I practice ;) ).

spooky, you mean 1184 right? Because if it goes to 1084, I don't think we'll see 1200+ again. Especially since you said "within a week".

Yes. I meant 1184=may only see 1186 both ES. It was a typo on my part. I think we get a 30 point pop out out of there pretty fast-well worth trading.

So far so good Spook. Nice call.

IT