"Anyone still trading AAPL?"

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Mss might enjoy this from June, 2007. Nothing like a little history and a lot of profits. :D

Anyone still trading AAPL?

http://stockcharts.c...0618&r=3971.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

:D What can I say that I haven't said many times. STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA AND HYPE. AAPL will be a $300 stock if it doesn't split first. It should have split by their standards at 200ish. I do not own AAPL at the present time. A choice not based on TA but on tax considerations. B) I'll be back in soon. Best to all, mss

Edited by mss, 20 April 2010 - 06:12 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

:) maybe a little stumble here.......
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

:)
maybe a little stumble here.......

Stumbled up 7.25, nice move in two days.
mss

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

:)
maybe a little stumble here.......

Stumbled up 7.25, nice move in two days.
mss

:D

Another way of looking at the rocket in flight:

http://stockcharts.c...2308&r=4788.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

:o Lets see, ... 2k shares bought at $87+ and ............. Day trading is more profitable! Really? :D mss btw: there are others too

#7 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Why am I not surprised mss You've made some great calls
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Let's call this AAPL's days of aggression. That is to say, before the NYSI turns signaling the longer term swing, there is the first cyclic low above a low in the NYMO to serve as an aggressive trader's buy signal. Call it jumping the gun. Call it taking the bigger risk. In a bull market call it stealing money.

There can be better stocks on those days (BIDU comes to mind at the moment :lol: ), but since a lot of bears like to pick on AAPL -- FYI -- here's how AAPL looks in this market on days of aggressive buys:

http://stockcharts.c...6130&r=5789.png

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Ten consecutive days up into a dreaded near doji at the close. Irrational exuberance, anyone? A plum example of when to sell too soon? How obvious was this sell-off going to be? Only question was would it come from a higher number or straight down from the close.

Resistance for the moment appears to be at the 305 gap, and support at 294 and change. Given that it may have finally prompted a right-on-time typical market pullback (see August for example on the chart below), and given there is now overhead supply that will want to get out, making bounces suspect, there is probably more downside to come. But it's still a great stock so if we get a market pullback, whenever the market decline subsides, look for it to be back in rally mode.

Good AAPL trading to everyone.

http://stockcharts.c...6234&r=6666.png

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

Just thought I'd bring this thread up again on this sad day. Been writing here about AAPL and Steve Jobs since 2007. Once again: Thanks, Steve.