• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

Who's worried about sea level rise?

Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a Montecito-area property to their real estate holdings, reports the Montecito Journal.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on an ocean-view villa on 1.5 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, a real estate source familiar with the deal confirms. The Italian-style house has six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms.

http://www.latimes.c...0,4103538.story

Edited by stocks, 29 April 2010 - 09:22 AM.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

One does not have to become President to become a true All-American success story! :clap:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

One does not have to become President to become a true All-American success story!
:clap:

How sweet it is!
:yes:

http://lh5.ggpht.com.....Artsy+Al2.jpg
-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

One does not have to become President to become a true All-American success story!
:clap:

How sweet it is!
:yes:

http://lh5.ggpht.com.....Artsy+Al2.jpg

:D

I hear he has a ton of FSLR. So, as of today, the villa was probably free. Only in America (well, now days more often it seems, in China too).

http://stockcharts.c...190672&r=48.png

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Gore Morphs into a "Sustainable Capitalist" :lol: :lol:

His “Manifesto for Sustainable Capitalism,” calls for “abandoning short-term economic thinking for ‘sustainable capitalism’.”

No doubt his handlers have given Al Gore the word: go easy on climate warming (aka climate change). The issue has little traction. You are the wrong voice for the cause. Solyndra. Climategate 2.0. Winter snows…. Not now, Al.
Take it up a notch! they must be telling him. Think bigger. Subsume the issue…. And so Gore’s new piece in the Wall Street Journal barely mentions his pet issue of (man-made) climate change but something much larger and amorphous.

He made a 100 million bucks preaching AGW and its variants, that is removing the carbon atom from our economies. Now, that AGW is dead, he wants to make another 100 million bucks preaching the opposite
, putting the carbon atom back into the economy, but, of course, sustainably. maybe he gets his second Nobel prize for Peace (or scams).

Gore Reinvention
-- -

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

"Sustainable Capitalism" is a bad thing?

Okay, let's all be for unsustainable capitalism. :D

THE ECOLOGY OF COMMERCE

#7 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

The Evolution of a Crony Capitalist

Global Warming is a planetary emergency.
The United Nations must control the carbon footprint of everyone on the planet.

I support sustainable capitalism.

:lol: :lol:
-- -

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Al Gore: Earth's Interior 'Extremely Hot, Several Million Degrees'

For years, sycophants in the media gushed and fawned over every utterance from former Vice President Al Gore.

NBC''s "Tonight Show" viewers got a example of how the Nobel Laureate's poor grades in college were an indicator of just how little he understands about science.

So egregious was his departure from reality that the following clip should be mandatory viewing for all his fans in the media.

(From the physics and astronomy website "Physlink":

It is approximately 4000°C at the center of the Earth
The center of the Sun is approximately 15 million°C)

http://www.liveleak....=529_1258575334
-- -

#9 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Did Al Gore say it? Or was it the Unabomber? Take the Quiz.

Each quote below is either from Al Gore's Book Earth in the Balance or from the Unabomber's Manifesto.
(I got only 6 of 12 right.)

http://www.crm114.com/algore/quiz.html
-- -

#10 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Al Gore Walks Away From Green Energy

Gore's company files a quarterly report with the SEC that lists the 30 stocks in its portfolio. His company's public investments in wind, solar, biomass and other alternative energy
to combat climate change are practically non-existent.

His portfolio is top-heavy in high-tech, medical instruments, and even more pedestrian investments in companies such as Amazon (AMZN), eBay (EBAY), Colgate Palmolive (CL), Nielsen (NLSN), Strayer University (STRA), and Qualcomm (QCOM).
He is also big in China, with stakes in a big Chinese travel agency, CTrip, and China's largest medical equipment manufacturer, Mindray Medical.
And if you want a piece of the natural gas pipeline game -- heavily dependent on the environmentally suspect fracking -- you can find that in Gore's portfolio as well with Quanta Services (PWR).

If Gore is a bit gun-shy on alternative energy, perhaps it is because of its catastrophic brush with First Solar.
According to SEC filings, Gore's company bought 440,000 shares in late 2010 at about $130. By the first quarter of 2012, the value of First Solar -- and just about every other solar manufacturer in America -- had plummeted.
First Solar had disappeared from the portfolio -- selling shares for somewhere between $12 and $25.

http://www.thestreet...cm_ven=GOOGLEN#
-- -