gold on its way to new forever highs

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

sorry leolec its time for a new topic this cycle has lots of time left. and i am firmly unequivocally in the camp that gold will make new forever highs before this cycle ends in june. i am watching: chavez-nationalization is part of the process, yes mines were nationalzed last time which countries are cash strapped- they will extort higher taxes from mines( i have been harping on these 2 for years). know where your mines are located, dont fall asleep @the wheel. this game can be very rewarding, but one has to be alert. the world is changing. (last time gold topped in jan80- the miners topped in sept/oct for further 40% gains) all fiats will be viewed w/distrust- inflate or die. and print they will. the herd will be coming this way. and our board will be infiltrated w/newies. the debt from sovereign to state to corporation to individual is why i got into gold in the 1st place. the boat was/is way lopsided. and rather than let the culprits fold their tent. they have decided to print. bernake has admitted to monetizing the debt! the hardest part for a trader in all of this is to miss the bull, many here have and will miss the move. its unfortunate , but it happens . the key is to study markets , their psychology and their nature. everyone wants whatever it is @the top-tulip bulbs, jdsu, cmgi, overpriced houses etc its human nature buckle up and enjoy the ride, cause the next big correction is right around the bend! then after that , buckle up! we are leaving kansas dharma

#2 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

sorry leolec
its time for a new topic
this cycle has lots of time left. and i am firmly unequivocally in the camp that gold will make new forever highs before this cycle ends in june.
i am watching:
chavez-nationalization is part of the process, yes mines were nationalzed last time
which countries are cash strapped- they will extort higher taxes from mines( i have been harping on these 2 for years). know where your mines are located, dont fall asleep @the wheel. this game can be very rewarding, but one has to be alert. the world is changing. (last time gold topped in jan80- the miners topped in sept/oct for further 40% gains)
all fiats will be viewed w/distrust- inflate or die. and print they will. the herd will be coming this way. and our board will be infiltrated w/newies.
the debt from sovereign to state to corporation to individual is why i got into gold in the 1st place. the boat was/is way lopsided. and rather than let the culprits fold their tent. they have decided to print. bernake has admitted to monetizing the debt!
the hardest part for a trader in all of this is to miss the bull, many here have and will miss the move. its unfortunate , but it happens . the key is to study markets , their psychology and their nature. everyone wants whatever it is @the top-tulip bulbs, jdsu, cmgi, overpriced houses etc its human nature
buckle up and enjoy the ride, cause the next big correction is right around the bend! then after that , buckle up! we are leaving kansas
dharma

agree, was just looking at HUI and GDX ratio vs Dow chart comparisons, looks like the mining stocks are going to outperform quite a bit vs the Dow, unshackling is underway.

BSing away

Senor

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

sorry leolec
its time for a new topic
this cycle has lots of time left. and i am firmly unequivocally in the camp that gold will make new forever highs before this cycle ends in june.
i am watching:
chavez-nationalization is part of the process, yes mines were nationalzed last time
which countries are cash strapped- they will extort higher taxes from mines( i have been harping on these 2 for years). know where your mines are located, dont fall asleep @the wheel. this game can be very rewarding, but one has to be alert. the world is changing. (last time gold topped in jan80- the miners topped in sept/oct for further 40% gains)
all fiats will be viewed w/distrust- inflate or die. and print they will. the herd will be coming this way. and our board will be infiltrated w/newies.
the debt from sovereign to state to corporation to individual is why i got into gold in the 1st place. the boat was/is way lopsided. and rather than let the culprits fold their tent. they have decided to print. bernake has admitted to monetizing the debt!
the hardest part for a trader in all of this is to miss the bull, many here have and will miss the move. its unfortunate , but it happens . the key is to study markets , their psychology and their nature. everyone wants whatever it is @the top-tulip bulbs, jdsu, cmgi, overpriced houses etc its human nature
buckle up and enjoy the ride, cause the next big correction is right around the bend! then after that , buckle up! we are leaving kansas
dharma

agree, was just looking at HUI and GDX ratio vs Dow chart comparisons, looks like the mining stocks are going to outperform quite a bit vs the Dow, unshackling is underway.

BSing away

Senor

i sure hope it starts soon, but it may be a while longer. the miner are lagging the metal
dharma

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

interesting day, Dow on low down 125, GDX up .82 and less than 50 cents off high. Unshackling? BSing away Senor

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

oh my that was amazing! put orders in havent got filled yet! i would think we have after shock waves dharma

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

Back to flat position, the XAU under performance to gold bothers me. BSing away Senor

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

central banks hold gold , so should i . yes, i agree gm , one more good pullback , after this high and then we are there-recognition. i mean bernake acknowledged that he printed money, monetized the debt, when asked by ron paul. dont sell your insurance for spinach. the unraveling has been spotted. and it is yet to begin. politicans try to keep everyone happy. it means lots of money for everyone. print . print and print some more. there. enough for everyone. i love the idea of silver. and the story is amazing a dream come true. however the spread keeps widening. cbs hold gold, so should i. forget stories. do what they do. miners are still undervalued. i mean look what they valued cmgi, jdsu, etc. what do you value a miner w/a hole in the ground w/compelling drill results? wait it will blow your mind. just like 1100 for jdsu. gold has always been money. look @the euro ponzi scheme. take a good look @the chart i posted on the previous pages of the euro debt. madoff was a piker. look @the euro, they all owe each other a fortune. its the way to riches! traders in this sector are continually missing legs to this bull. be comfortable. and dont let the bull shake you off. we are in the early middle innings. rivera isnt coming out of the bull pen. the closer is the public. and they will come clamoring in here. this is an amazing story. gold has always been money. it has a 5k year history. and the polticians and bankers, will have those big puppy dog eyes and say this time we have it done right. and we start all over dharma just a reminder in 08 when the broads got killed , so did gold yesterday the broads got killed and gold was up a bunch! perception is changing! 1198 is my # for support that holds and we are in position for another run. dharma

#8 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

central banks hold gold , so should i .
yes, i agree gm , one more good pullback , after this high and then we are there-recognition. i mean bernake acknowledged that he printed money, monetized the debt, when asked by ron paul. dont sell your insurance for spinach. the unraveling has been spotted. and it is yet to begin. politicans try to keep everyone happy. it means lots of money for everyone. print . print and print some more. there. enough for everyone.
i love the idea of silver. and the story is amazing a dream come true. however the spread keeps widening. cbs hold gold, so should i. forget stories. do what they do. miners are still undervalued. i mean look what they valued cmgi, jdsu, etc. what do you value a miner w/a hole in the ground w/compelling drill results? wait it will blow your mind. just like 1100 for jdsu. gold has always been money. look @the euro ponzi scheme. take a good look @the chart i posted on the previous pages of the euro debt. madoff was a piker. look @the euro, they all owe each other a fortune. its the way to riches! traders in this sector are continually missing legs to this bull. be comfortable. and dont let the bull shake you off. we are in the early middle innings. rivera isnt coming out of the bull pen. the closer is the public. and they will come clamoring in here. this is an amazing story. gold has always been money. it has a 5k year history. and the polticians and bankers, will have those big puppy dog eyes and say this time we have it done right. and we start all over
dharma

just a reminder in 08 when the broads got killed , so did gold
yesterday the broads got killed and gold was up a bunch!
perception is changing!
1198 is my # for support that holds and we are in position for another run.
dharma

Completely agree...this bull will confuse even the finest.
Yesterday's action was very encouraging imo for the future.
Difference from 08 is now we have Govt. credit becoming tight (vs private credit),
They can no longer fund themselves....hyperinflation.

#9 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

Dharma, Good call here! Could you reiterrate your scenario again? I know you are expecting gold topping out about 2/3rds into June..then a good pullback. Did you have a percentage of the type of pullback? And do you have a basing period till gold starts taking off again? I've been long gold besides having a core position for the future but was curious your take again on this. Merriman has a 22 month low in gold due May 2010-Jan 2011. He said a decline of $200-300 from the top is possible. HE does also conclude silver is bearish till it takes out it's highs of around 21.75 area and a low in silver within 19 weeks of Dec 17th....that beginning window would put it around August 6th which is also when the grand cross of 7 planets incuding venus aligns iwth the mooon which moves into cancer..supposingly a powerful period. As we all know who follows astrology August is going to be one powerful month with the T cross. In his Sunday column which I posted here..The next 2 weeks should be bullish for metals because mercury is in saggitarius and wild price swings especially in metals should occur with an upward bias for gold..but not bullish for stocks. He sure got that right! His next turn date is May 20..plus/minus 3 days. IT's funny how these dates seem to line up with a lot of systems and the fact that May 18th is significant for Greece with paying its debt or defaulting. In Merriman's webcast in Dec 2009..he mentioned buy the August low in gold too. My guess there will be a significan tlow around Aug 19th, not because it's my 30th wedding anniversary LOL!, but it begins another Mercury retrograde and ends SEpt 12th. When Mercury goes retrograde you have a reversal in trend and then TA gets distorted just like we saw a lot of confusion now with trader's calls. And what happened yesterday is also the kind of thing that can be attributed to a Mercury retrograde..it's all about communications of all kinds that you can't trust. The one we are in now is when gold had a reversal right in the beginning. We end it next week on May 11th which also lines up with a lot of cycles that traders are referring to next week..including a gann turn date on the 11th. I was just wondering if you could reiterrate your take going forward and if an August low is significant for you? I know Merriman mentioned mainly because of the September bullishness for gold. Thanks TM P.S I dont just use astrology only..I do my own TA but astrology can let one know if they have the wind behind them or a brick wall ahead.

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

XAU/Gold ratio falling hard, I don't like that. BSing away Senor