• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

Everything so far has been normal...no one should be surprised. Gold deserved a retracement to at least $1200. Good buying oppty today for anyone not in gold yet, IMHO.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#22 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

buying opp could of course get much better what do you see that is normal in the miners arena?

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

no divergences so far=no buying! dharma

#24 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

buying opp could of course get much better
what do you see that is normal in the miners arena?

I don't trade miners, only the metal.

Good buying oppty as in for long-term investors if they haven't picked up gold yet. I say that because we've already hit $1186 and the whole idea if you believe in the secular bull is to buy on weakness.

As for traders, it may be a little early to jump in here although the downside looks limited...$1165-75 is a good bastion of support.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#25 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

thanks yes 1165 interesting

#26 inamosa

inamosa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

If you enter too early, a secular bull will eventually fix your timing mistake. That's the nice thing about secular trends. For those trying to time secular bulls, remember that the surprises are normally to the upside.

#27 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

If you enter too early, a secular bull will eventually fix your timing mistake. That's the nice thing about secular trends.

For those trying to time secular bulls, remember that the surprises are normally to the upside.

Bob Hoye agrees with you ....
http://www.321gold.c...hoye051910.html

#28 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

yeah but if you read that closely, 14% could be all it is and we did that I see NO throwing of towels quite yet

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

today is my turn date, and i expect today to mark the low. hourly divergences in gold/gld waiting to see if it holds in the miners if so, i will add margin. dharma i think it was ken who said today was merriman's date as well buckle up arms and legs in the vehicle

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

folks this is an eye opener

dharma