For Serious Traders Only

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

After well over a year in development, I finally am able (with Mark's gracious permission for which I thank him) to announce the launch of Seven Sentinels.com, a subscription based website for serious traders. SevenSentinels.com has only one objective and that is to keep readers focused on current line of least resistance. Period.

Jesse Livermore, said, "There isn't a bull side or a bear side to the market. There is only the right side." His point was that if you are on the wrong side of the market, loss is not a risk, it's a certainty. And if you are on the right side, profits will accumulate on their own. The trend is your friend. The simple fact is that if we have the LOLR wrong, even spectacular trading can bring bad results. When we have the line-of-least-resistance (LOLR) right, even bad trading can bring good results... and good trading can bring spectacular results. It is impossible to overstate, in our humble opinion, the importance of getting the LOLR right, and that is what SevenSentinels.com is all about. Period.

The concept of the Seven Sentinels is my own and is based on a very simple but universal truth that I've observed in nature, everywhere I look, since I was a child - the principle that external follows internal. The Seven Sentinels are internal measures of the pressure produced by current prevailing money flow into or out of the market. External price movement follows this pressure as a very natural process, just as birth follows pregnancy, exhaling follows inhaling, a volcano follows the build up of gases below the Earth's surface or a Tsunami follows a 10.0 earthquake. Simple, yet in my humble opinion, the single most powerful trader's edge in existence. Period.

Because overnight gaps are becoming more pervasive and sizable over time, we publish a minimum of three market comments a day, a brief pre-open comment every morning to assess opening gaps, if any, and to lay out our trading thoughts with regard to that open and the first hour of trade. Every day we publish a pre-closing comment in the last few minutes of the trading day so as to anticipate, to the extent possible, the overnight move ahead and to take action ahead of it in real time while markets are still open. Each night we publish a market analysis after all of the data is in. In addition to these three publishings every market day, we typically publish intra day comments between one and three times each trading day, to alert readers, again to the extent possible, to developing trading risks and opportunities.

There is a whole lot more at SevenSentinels.com, but rather than describe it all here, we invite you to go to the SevenSentinels.com website and have a look around. Current analysis is, of course, restricted to subscribers, but a whole lot of our older analysis is there along with other features and explanations, available for inspection.

We are offering an introductory 90-day trial for the one month price of $75 to new subscribers. As a show of gratitude for Fearless Forecasters participants, we are discounting this trial even further to $69.50 for the first 90-days to TT members. Please use coupon code FF2010 to get this trial at the discounted price. We humbly invite you to discover for yourself whether SevenSentinels.com will assist you in achieving your trading goals. We bid you the very best of success and good trading, Don
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 golden

golden

• Traders-Talk User
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

We bid you the very best of success and good trading, Don

All the best of success with your new venture, Don.

I would highly recommend it.
"There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side."

#3 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Fantastic!! This will prove to be an extremely useful tool. Don is this specifically for ST or do you plan to offer the long and short term variation of the sentinels?
“be right and sit tight”

#4 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

Don, looks great, but for people with a small account a bit expensive! Couldn't you make a version where you only say long, out of the market and short? gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#5 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Fantastic!! This will prove to be an extremely useful tool. Don is this specifically for ST or do you plan to offer the long and short term variation of the sentinels?

Thanks RKD. I endeavor to trade ONLY in the direction of the SS daily indicator, but vary the percentage long (in up mkt) or short (in down market) in accordance with my short term indicators. Best regards, D

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=1&mn=3&dy=0&i=p19573799723&a=181755090&r=778.png
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

My best wishes for your continued success. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

It's about time! :lol: All my best bud. While I am here. Another shorter time thing I am working on has a st trend change in Es around 5.15+- tonight .

Edited by zoropb, 18 May 2010 - 02:36 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

I think it would require an annual 2 week course on Waikiki beach to explain how the 7 sentinels work.
That would be 2 days per sentinel.
I can see it all now:

Posted Image

#9 TradingUp

TradingUp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:47 PM

Does this mean you will no longer be giving signal changes here?

#10 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

It's about time! :lol:

All my best bud.

While I am here. Another shorter time thing I am working on has a st trend change in Es around 5.15+- tonight .

make that 5:45+- forgot the breaks.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.