For Serious Traders Only

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

I think it would require an annual 2 week course on Waikiki beach to explain how the 7 sentinels work.
That would be 2 days per sentinel.
I can see it all now:

Posted Image

Man, that's a good looking beach Rog. It sure doesn't look like any beach in Alabama, Texas, or Louisiana..
But I always thought we should be drilling at the North Pole and not so much in our back yards.... :lol:
Yeah, I could use some new system training at IYB's fine place.... with no sign of an oil rig from the beach...lol

#22 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Don:

Your service is quite expensive, especially for a new service. Over time, if you continue your winning streak and, after you've gained a following, you can charge that much or more. You can charge anything you want, of course, so don't be offended. I'm trying to help you establish effective price points. You may be able to get a few loyal followers from TT for your service at this price, but it is too expensive to attract significant numbers of new followers who don't know you.

You can either: 1) charge a lot, like your current proposed price and attract just a few members OR 2) You can charge much less and attract thousands quickly.

Why do you think people like Henry To over at Marketthoughts charges just $11 a month? He's a market timer and like all market-timers, you are bound to be wrong sometimes and right sometimes, so what you want is to charge a not-so-substantial sum so that people will still continue even when you are wrong. With price points of $20 a month or up, you better be right practically all the time, because when you are wrong, people will look at their monthly charges and unsubscribe because $20 a month is a lot more than $10.

Rich at markettrak.com is another example; he only charges $10 a month, a sum that is insignificant enough for people to continue even though he, like all market timers, has been wrong enough times for people to cancel if they had to pay twice as much. With his $10 a month charge, a lot of people will continue just to "keep track," because it's not making a significant enough dent in their pocketbooks.

So, if you are independently wealthy or if you're making money hand over fist from your own trading so that this is just a hobby for you, then you should charge what you are proposing to charge, because that would certainly limit the number of subscribers to a handful of loyal followers (as you said "serious traders"). However, if this is a serious business and you are trying to make money from this business, then price points are very important.

Citation

IYB does have a unique product.

http://marketingteac...son_pricing.htm

IYB,
Good luck with the site.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#23 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

IYB, Wishing you all the best.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#24 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Congrats IYB. You can charge whatever you want. Because your worth it. Your a good man and I'd hate to see you go. Aloha
If it can be cornered, it will.

#25 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

D, Having watched you develop these sentinels over the years and fine tune them, and then share them and other TA so freely, best wishes for your continued success. Doc