And it is!

GDX Daily Chart

stubaby

#42 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

New all time highs! All seems to be quiet in GoldLand. Still holding tight onto positions. Could see a dramatic rise here...

#43 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

Could see a dramatic rise here...

Miners going parabolic.

SilentOne hasn't posted Hurst analysis since May 16:

So what does this say for gold? While I expect a near term peak, I don't expect gold to restest the $1000 level, and it likely will not even see its Feb. 2010 low (~1050) if the 9 year low is in. The cycles have been nothing but extremely right translated and if you look back to July 2005, as the last 4.5 year Hurst cycle low, you can see that gold will simply grind higher from here, despite the inevitable corrections.

So strategically, you'd want to buy pullbacks if you do not have your intended investment position. I did buy into the March pullback to add to holdings, and now I will look at the next opportunity. It may come after corrections from higher levels, I don't really know right now. A near term correction is due and from there gold should grind higher into an autumn peak (Oct.?).

http://www.traders-t...howtopic=119619
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

few bulls no cheerleading quiet shhhh just a few guys who study markets hitting 180 resistance normal pullback i look for the highs to fall not overbought on dailies. back to my bunker dharma to me deflation/inflation is not going to take the fore its sovereign debt that cant be and wont be paid

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

1261 resistance 1277 resistance thinking about coming off margin dharma

#46 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

1261 resistance
1277 resistance
thinking about coming off margin
dharma

"stay the course" for now! JMHO

stubaby

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

off margin sold premier, thank you i will be back for you my friend, it goes into the tse 500 on monday. sold the hoopla my cycle ends today! it can lengthen the last one was short. i will start raising cash, for the next buying opportunity. not sure when yet. there are no divergences, on the hourlies or dailies. this could run a bit more, the risk/reward comes into play in my mind. longer term, this is going alot higher so i dont want to give up positions for the price of spinach. this is gold we are talking about. i am more comfortable now that i am off margin. and as evidenced around here, many are clueless. i will be back when i start raising some cash also, gann watched the seasons and monday starts summer. dharma

#48 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Gold broke out today above 1240. If it holds that would target the 1300 - 1310 area. Bull markets are fun! :D
Peace
johngeorge

#49 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

i am more comfortable now that i am off margin. and as evidenced around here, many are clueless.
dharma

I don't get it either. But, can't complain given the increases in gold that come in part to the scepticism of her we see in parts like these.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#50 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

the cycle i follow is about to lengthen, w/the summer season beginning today, i suspect that friday, will be the highs. of importance to me, is a while back wxman posted a chart that shows all of the action in gold stocks since the 2006 highs is a giant consolidation that is projecting much higher prices for the miners. this i believe to be an accurate assessment of the market 850ish on the hui, after the next correction. dharma