If Nine to One Up/Down Volume is a Breadth Thrust

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

....or FOUR (count 'em) TWENTY TO ONE or better up:down readings in a month? The word "stampede" comes to mind..... Folks, there is a time to be cautious about being long the market. This just ain't one of 'em. Good Trading, D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#2 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

....or FOUR (count 'em) TWENTY TO ONE or better up:down readings in a month? The word "stampede" comes to mind.....

Folks, there is a time to be cautious about being long the market. This just ain't one of 'em. Good Trading, D

Could it be a form of reverse capitulation, sort of a contrarian move to what's coming. Look at NASDAQ , with all that 40 to 1 breadth, it only managed to complete what seems like a weak ABC up... while the heavily intervened indices went higher relatively.

GS.

Edited by goldswinger, 10 June 2010 - 08:50 PM.

#3 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Could it be a form of reverse capitulation, sort of a contrarian move to what's coming. Look at NASDAQ , with all that 40 to 1 breadth, it only managed to complete what seems like a weak ABC up... while the heavily intervened indices went higher relatively.

"Could" be I guess. But when I hear hoof beats, I think "horses", not "zebras". ;)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#4 goldswinger

goldswinger

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

"Could" be I guess. But when I hear hoof beats, I think "horses", not "zebras". ;)

But it 's a jungle out there, it could be zebras! :rolleyes:

GS.

#5 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:09 PM

could be... but the other side has been equally dramatic.. sc.png

#6 dadook

dadook

• Traders-Talk User
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

A follow through day needed for rally to continue. Soon it is time to put up or go down. The base built so far (or lack of) does not tell me of any new highs coming soon. My 2 cents.

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

If Nine to One Up/Down Volume is a Breadth Thrust, Then what do you call 44 to 1.....

Government Intervention. :lol:

#8 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

http://www.etfroundup.com/?p=2831_
best,
klh

#9 dadook

dadook

• Traders-Talk User
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

If the ratios of UP/DN stuff is equal between up/dn price days .. then does it matter the volume itself on these days? So if day 1 has volume 200x, with 10:1 ratio of DN/UP and day 2 had volume 130x, with 10:1 UP/DN ratio ... it makes me inclined to favor day1 no? My theory is day1 had higher percentage of institutions doing the action, day2 had lower. maybe just me turning into a bear ... don't know

#10 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

dadook, agree, and also, the money flow numbers as in Daves article - or in other ways of tracking it.
best,
klh