Started the Gold Short

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

33% 1248.80 Multi-month trade. My odds say 55 upside from entry at worst and 355 min. downside.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#2 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

Z, did you mean to say 900 pts of downside, 1250 ish to 350 ish? Thanks, and thanks for the update from this weekend.

#3 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

Z, did you mean to say 900 pts of downside, 1250 ish to 350 ish? Thanks, and thanks for the update from this weekend.

Hey D

no just what I said from entry 1248.8-355=893.80

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#4 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

Good thinking and I sets up the buying opportunity every one needs. Best, Islander

#5 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

Ah, sorry, just missed the sign. Many thanks for the clarification. Good Luck on the trade!!

#6 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

Ah, sorry, just missed the sign. Many thanks for the clarification. Good Luck on the trade!!

No problem D I do that a lot. :lol:

Isle yeah it would be cool. I love it after that.

#7 chem

chem

• Traders-Talk User
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hey Z Last w/e after a niece's graduation I got into a little heated discussion with her older sister (23yo) - my position was that gold would most likely see 850 before 1350. She believed that there was no way in hell that gold would drop to triple digits let alone 850 and heaven forbid may see a 6 handle if 850 gives way. The gold bug seems to have reached a zenith - I don't think I changed her mind at all. The sentiment seems setup for the sheeple to buy every and all pull backs because like the housing market it can only go up over time. Chem

#8 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

Hey Z

Last w/e after a niece's graduation I got into a little heated discussion with her older sister (23yo) - my position was that gold would most likely see 850 before 1350. She believed that there was no way in hell that gold would drop to triple digits let alone 850 and heaven forbid may see a 6 handle if 850 gives way. The gold bug seems to have reached a zenith - I don't think I changed her mind at all. The sentiment seems setup for the sheeple to buy every and all pull backs because like the housing market it can only go up over time.

Chem

Sounds about right. There are even gold party clubs. Now that's loco.
I have not seen this many adds to buy gold since 1979. There were more then but it sure is getting there. I can only imagine how fast the minors are bringing it to market @$500 extraction cost they cannot sell it fast enough but besides all that my charts says big correction coming on a yearly basis.

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hey Z

Last w/e after a niece's graduation I got into a little heated discussion with her older sister (23yo) - my position was that gold would most likely see 850 before 1350. She believed that there was no way in hell that gold would drop to triple digits let alone 850 and heaven forbid may see a 6 handle if 850 gives way. The gold bug seems to have reached a zenith - I don't think I changed her mind at all. The sentiment seems setup for the sheeple to buy every and all pull backs because like the housing market it can only go up over time.

Chem

I have not seen this many adds to buy gold since 1979. There were more then but it sure is getting there. I can only imagine how fast the minors are bringing it to market @$500 extraction cost they cannot sell it fast enough but besides all that my charts says big correction coming on a yearly basis.

yup, no one ever got rich shorting a bull market
dharma

#10 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hey Z

Chem

I thnk we are all agreed gold is going down because it is completely overowned. I look at the best performng funds over 3 munths and every single one in the top 4 is a flipping gold fund.

Gone mad.

Edited by Tor, 17 June 2010 - 02:49 PM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.