Started the Gold Short

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

Here is an open bet. If I am wrong open season on me and if I am right I am going to rub it in a little cause every time we get close to one of these big turns I get this crap. I am even giving 3 to one odds we see 950 before 1350. SO is anyone buying gold here? Since a bull here thinks its a great buy technically? I am saying your dumb money if you hold gold here until we see my numbers there it is in the open. Common if your so sure take an easy swing at Z common go for it anyone just a fun bet. :D btw Short this equity rally here. I ran an end of day TS is negative so we should see a negative number overnight.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#12 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Spooky are these T-Scores scary or what man? :lol:

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#13 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

Here is an open bet. If I am wrong open season on me and if I am right I am going to rub it in a little cause every time we get close to one of these big turns I get this crap.

I am even giving 3 to one odds we see 950 before 1350.

SO is anyone buying gold here? Since a bull here thinks its a great buy technically?

I am saying your dumb money if you hold gold here until we see my numbers there it is in the open.

Common if your so sure take an easy swing at Z common go for it anyone just a fun bet. :D

btw Short this equity rally here. I ran an end of day TS is negative so we should see a negative number overnight.

I'm long some NEM from last February. Right now I'm also long some Aug Gold futures with a stop in place under $1200. Just call me dumb money. Where's your stop anyway???

IT

#14 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

Here is an open bet. If I am wrong open season on me and if I am right I am going to rub it in a little cause every time we get close to one of these big turns I get this crap.

SO is anyone buying gold here? Since a bull here thinks its a great buy technically?

I am saying your dumb money if you hold gold here until we see my numbers there it is in the open.

Common if your so sure take an easy swing at Z common go for it anyone just a fun bet. :D

btw Short this equity rally here. I ran an end of day TS is negative so we should see a negative number overnight.

I'm long some NEM from last February. Right now I'm also long some Aug Gold futures with a stop in place under $1200. Just call me dumb money. Where's your stop anyway???

IT

End of the world stop 1350. Today was a good day to take profit & short and try 1200 but Cool. Thanks for playing IT. I had a feeling you would take me up on it. Not that i think your dumb money far from it your one of my 8 best traders here but you are until 1200 :P

Edited by zoropb, 17 June 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#15 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Who is giving you flack?

ZORO: I tell you, as true as Tuesday follows Munday, GOLD is going donw 30% in a massive deflation scare starting within 2-3 weeks, and TOR is going to clean up as a result of it :)

I have laballed this next decline "2008-Reincarnate, but with a blank cheque book"

The next scare is goiing to open the needle spogots so wide, even a camel will be able to pass through.

So, just relax and lets see it unfold.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#16 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Z, the pattern for the Quad witch expiry is for June to expire near top tick at the day session open on Friday, so we should be near Sept 1117.5 in the morning. It works fairly well, but a little better if we had stayed down more today at the close. Should know in the 1st 30 minutes of trade tomorrow if it will work. If not, the next good opportunity for short would be the Monday after OPEX.

#17 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

zoropb I don't have a sell signal yet on gold, but, I would agree with you that 1350 would be a grand top. When I get a sell signal on gold I will short it, but, not a large position. More like a small hedge against my holdings. And yes I also think gold could fall to as low as 950 before it takes off North again. When I get that buy signal, after the correction, I will back up the truck and buy buy buy. There really is no limit on how high gold can go because it all depends on what the Central Banks do.........which will be to print, print, print. I really appreciate your posts and try to read them all. Your blog is fantastic. Thank you for sharing. Best to you. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#18 chem

chem

• Traders-Talk User
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hat off to ya Z

Had my doubts they would hold the 1102 line that late in the day but those T-scores ride tom the rescue again lol
Keep up the good work please/thanks

#19 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Z, the pattern for the Quad witch expiry is for June to expire near top tick at the day session open on Friday, so we should be near Sept 1117.5 in the morning. It works fairly well, but a little better if we had stayed down more today at the close. Should know in the 1st 30 minutes of trade tomorrow if it will work. If not, the next good opportunity for short would be the Monday after OPEX.

D thks for the info and will keep it in mind. I still think we hit somewhere around 1106.50 overnight if not more. I will let most of the 111.50 short I got out close to that and keep a tiny bit if it lets out or dump it if it comes back and takes me out. That's what my work says. Two days ago some of my stuff had us around 1100 tomorrow am. Do not know if it plays out.

Tor who knows. I bit more rally would be great so I can add but if it does not so be it. The 15th was the time turn start for a multi-year correction larger than 08 in total points.

JG thanks for your interest. I got to take a shot when my work has odds this good. I'm with you after this drop if I am correct. So make room on the truck for me. 1576 by 2020 is my 1999 target. It would be wild if we hit 788 and it doubles to my number. :lol: hey got to keep that one in mind for kicks.

#20 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

I won't give you $hit this time; You were early on the Dec 2009 top but non-the-less it was a top.
good luck.