Started the Gold Short

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

Here is an open bet. If I am wrong open season on me and if I am right I am going to rub it in a little cause every time we get close to one of these big turns I get this crap.

I am even giving 3 to one odds we see 950 before 1350.

SO is anyone buying gold here? Since a bull here thinks its a great buy technically?

I am saying your dumb money if you hold gold here until we see my numbers there it is in the open.

Common if your so sure take an easy swing at Z common go for it anyone just a fun bet. :D

btw Short this equity rally here. I ran an end of day TS is negative so we should see a negative number overnight.

I won't give you $hit this time; You were early on the Dec 2009 top but non-the-less it was a top.
good luck.

Yeah it went 50 up from the first time I posted traded it twice for some then 40 points down the Dubai thing I cashed it for 30 then did it again on the way from 1176 little by little to 1226 up and sold them at 1101.50. When I said that is it even if it goes further because I thought we would take out the 1226. Payoffs were nice.

This time it is going to be even better.

chem freaky eh.

Edited by zoropb, 17 June 2010 - 04:51 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#22 denmo83

denmo83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

Here is an open bet. If I am wrong open season on me and if I am right I am going to rub it in a little cause every time we get close to one of these big turns I get this crap.

SO is anyone buying gold here? Since a bull here thinks its a great buy technically?

I am saying your dumb money if you hold gold here until we see my numbers there it is in the open.

Common if your so sure take an easy swing at Z common go for it anyone just a fun bet. :D

btw Short this equity rally here. I ran an end of day TS is negative so we should see a negative number overnight.

Hi z.

Do you have a time frame for the 33% haircut? Is this a flash crash deal? Sorry if already posted.

#23 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi z.

Do you have a time frame for the 33% haircut? Is this a flash crash deal? Sorry if already posted.

A grinder 2-3 yrs denmo the first leg could be quicker than 2nd after the pop. That's my best guess.

Edited by zoropb, 17 June 2010 - 06:39 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#24 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

I was just playing with the numbers and 3 x 788 would put us at 2364 in the future and over the 1980 inflation adjusted high.

#25 denmo83

denmo83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi z.

A grinder 2-3 yrs denmo the first leg could be quicker than 2nd after the pop. That's my best guess.

Thanks z!

#26 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

I'm long gold till one ounce buys the Dow......after all it's the only thing great, why fight it.... :o

#27 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm long gold till one ounce buys the Dow......after all it's the only thing great, why fight it.... :o

Lee I been working on that ratio for a while for kicks. I mentioned I think around 10 months ago due to the easy of extraction compared to the past probably gets us to 3.5 times the dow this time. Maybe 2020. Sort of like the 40-42/ 80-82 periods where the Dow reached those low multiples of 1 in the 80s and 2 in 42. Hey we got a while anyway to fool with it right.

btw I do own physical gold at 2% net worth for the you never know rainy day factor. I would hold a little more but I have other real inflation assets. The gold I hold is no trade gold. This position started today is pure biz for the trade.

#28 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

I meant to add if your holding a small % for the same rainy day reason then this does not apply it is one that your not holding for this reason but to speculate with. Then it is likely toast until that 750-950 area gets tagged.

#29 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

http://www.traders-t...howtopic=120707
vitaminm

#30 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

http://www.traders-t...howtopic=120707

ya mon

Seems I'm the only short again at least publicly here. Reminds me of that 3 dog night song... "One" is the loneliest number.......