Started the Gold Short

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Akando

Akando

• Traders-Talk User
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

Not the only short! I am short gold and silver from a week ago. In the kettle right here, however, no volume up so far on this move. Lets see it take out the swing point and hold and I will take my loss. longer term I really think the gold trade has become to one sided. We are about to enter another deflationary stage where assets will all take a hit with our market. gold is due a large pull back and when it historically has done so it is always a deep pull back. I think the deflationary hit will be far worse than our default/flight to the ultimate safety risk will be. I see a retracement to 900. So one other short here Z. Though I am under water so far!

#32 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

I like this trade in that I can take a position with a reasonable stop; in other words, risk reward is there. That is it for me. It is all about the low risk stop. Rewards will come with enough of those. Thanks for sharing it.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#33 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Not the only short!

I am short gold and silver from a week ago. In the kettle right here, however, no volume up so far on this move. Lets see it take out the swing point and hold and I will take my loss.

longer term I really think the gold trade has become to one sided. We are about to enter another deflationary stage where assets will all take a hit with our market. gold is due a large pull back and when it historically has done so it is always a deep pull back.

I think the deflationary hit will be far worse than our default/flight to the ultimate safety risk will be. I see a retracement to 900.

So one other short here Z. Though I am under water so far!

Ah AK cool well it sure isn't a crowd. :lol:

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#34 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

900 on Gold !. That's a bold call Z. I will be watching with interest.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#35 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

:) may take a while though Nav perhaps 2013 could go sub 800 too. Always seems crazy when I call these things eh.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#36 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

:) may take a while though Nav perhaps 2013 could go sub 800 too. Always seems crazy when I call these things eh.

It's a bold call, but not crazy. If you had said GOLD 200, i would have called you crazy. :D

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#37 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

It's a bold call, but not crazy. If you had said GOLD 200, i would have called you crazy. :D

:D

going to bed fell asleep on the sofa for an hour.

Edited by zoropb, 17 June 2010 - 11:36 PM.