25 replies to this topic

#21 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

No I am not kidding. Wake up.

I've been reading it since I can remember. It was always at the house. I'm a doctor, highly respected. top college, top medical school, top residency.
Brother read it. Went to Harvard. Successful publishing entrepeneur.
His daughter read it. She's at Harvard.
My brother in law reads it. Top hydrogen energy physicist in the world.
My cousin reads it. Works in Oxford, England at the Climate institiute.
My nephew reads it every day. He's part way through residency in Internal Medicine.
My kids read it every day. My eldest is classicist, recently finished Masters Program and getting phd in Linguistics.
My second son read it and is composing music professionally and has had his pieces performed by major US Symphony orchestra. He still reads it.

For a major news organization it doesn't get much better. "Liberal Bias" is one of those tea party, Fox News, Rove-era throw away phrases that is used by "the other side?" (for lack a clearer term) to justify sloganeering and this-information. Wake up.

LOL!

:lol:

Yeah, my Aunt (reactionary conservative) reads it too. Big deal. It was the gold standard of news. It may still hold on to some of that claim, but on matters political, it's pretty easy to see the bias and it has gotten worse in recent years. That you can't see it shows that you live too much in an intellectual echo chamber. I certainly can see the right bias of Fox. I'll add that all news sources have declined in quality.

As for your comments about the "Tea Party" what do you think you know about those folks? I'm just curious.

I'm even more curious as to why you even bring them up.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#22 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

NOAA is funded with tax dollars, is it not? Do they benefit from panic and alarmist claims of "record warming" or not?
no
as are my highways and they don't really alarm or panic me either.

Have another sip of Joe and try that again. I can't figure out what you're trying to say.

Take a Mulligan.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#23 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Your implication is that because something is funded with tax dollars it has some nefarious ulterior motive. Not true.
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#24 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

I I adm

No I am not kidding. Wake up.

I've been reading it since I can remember. It was always at the house. I'm a doctor, highly respected. top college, top medical school, top residency.
Brother read it. Went to Harvard. Successful publishing entrepeneur.
His daughter read it. She's at Harvard.
My brother in law reads it. Top hydrogen energy physicist in the world.
My cousin reads it. Works in Oxford, England at the Climate institiute.
My nephew reads it every day. He's part way through residency in Internal Medicine.
My kids read it every day. My eldest is classicist, recently finished Masters Program and getting phd in Linguistics.
My second son read it and is composing music professionally and has had his pieces performed by major US Symphony orchestra. He still reads it.

For a major news organization it doesn't get much better. "Liberal Bias" is one of those tea party, Fox News, Rove-era throw away phrases that is used by "the other side?" (for lack a clearer term) to justify sloganeering and this-information. Wake up.

LOL!

:lol:

Yeah, my Aunt (reactionary conservative) reads it too. Big deal. It was the gold standard of news. It may still hold on to some of that claim, but on matters political, it's pretty easy to see the bias and it has gotten worse in recent years. That you can't see it shows that you live too much in an intellectual echo chamber. I certainly can see the right bias of Fox. I'll add that all news sources have declined in quality.

As for your comments about the "Tea Party" what do you think you know about those folks? I'm just curious.

I'm even more curious as to why you even bring them up.

I admit to some simplistic labeling. That said the "Tea Party" has become embematic of sloganeering without facts. And it is ,sadly, capturing the imagination of an increasingly dumbing down segment of the population. Remember: "NO GOVERNEMENT HEALTH CARE - TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MEDICARE" posters during rallies for one?

#25 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Your implication is that because something is funded with tax dollars it has some nefarious ulterior motive. Not true.

I'm saying that it is prudent that there's a conflict of interest and most assuredly motive. At least enough to make one look hard at their data. I have and it doesn't jibe with other, sources.

So, we have a problem and a motive for creation of the problem or at least a motive to not fix it.

What's the best approach? Blind acceptance?

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#26 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

Blind acceptance of anything is wrong. But with such a complex subject its best not to be "too sure" about things. I like the Oxford Climate change site, for instance. Look, I am not the expert on this. I'm a "regular guy" who reads a lot of stuff. 'nuff said? mm